Apex Legends using way too much CPU - Stutter + Framedrops

by Loligor

Original Post

Re: Apex Legends using way too much CPU - Stutter + Framedrops

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same issues they describe but on Xbox and none of my friends seem to be having the issue , it feels like I’m playing on pc but using a 10 dollar graphics card my connection is fine did not do this the first two days but ever since the update mine has been unplayable , when turning it stutters every time like it can’t load the map , i play from 1-20 frames every game the whole time worse when a lot of people around please help someone?

Message 11 of 120 (14,246 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Do you guys even realise your all using 4core cpu's

Message 12 of 120 (14,106 Views)

★ Apprentice
So?
Message 13 of 120 (14,011 Views)

★ Guide

Asus Gtx 1070 Turbo 8GB @ 1873MHz locked

16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM

I7 4790(non-k) 3.4 - 4GHz

Acer 24" 1080p 144Hz Monitor

Can not get the game to lock at 100FPS no matter what settings I use, even going into config files and dropping resolution to 480 x 270 and using adaptive resolution settings of 1ms min/max I still get drops down to around 60-80 fps fairly constantly.

I ended up just using Riva Tuner from MSI afterburner and restricted the game to half my monitors refresh rate and have successfully locked at 72FPS, no visible drops at all, flat line on MSI afterburner.

I was even able to turn off adaptive resolution and use 1080p full time, also was able to set AO to max and texture filtering to max, and effects to max, and models to max and still lock at 72FPS.

This tells me I should be able to run faster without dips if I used the min settings, but the highest I have been able to run without dips at all on lowest possible settings is around 80fps.

My monitor supports black frame insertion at 100, 110, & 120 Hz, so I would like to be able to hit that rate on a permanent basis.

If I completely unlock the frame rate at lowest possible settings it sits around 140-150 FPS, with dips as low as 60fps!!!!   Thats insane swing.

I was thinking I needed a new MB, CPU, and some 3200MHZ RAM or something to solve the issue, maybe none of that is enough still?

Message 14 of 120 (13,952 Views)

★ Novice

Windows 10 / Origin

Intel Xeon X5650 @4.20GHz

GTX 1070 ; 8GB RAM

2560X1440 - All settings low 

Last NVIDIA drivers (same problem with the previous version of them 417.71)

I'm having the same issue but only from yesterday. My CPU usage keeps staying at 100%, my GPU usage, instead, can't go above 70%. This wasn't happening. I had 60-65 stable FPS with GPU usage at 95% all the time from the day one.

while playing

Now I'm having just 35 FPS with all settings low and barely unplayable due to stuttering because of the huge CPU load.

Message 15 of 120 (13,706 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

change your mouse polling rate from 1000 to 500,

disable in game origin settings(origin-app set-more tab-in game-disable it) and(right click on the game-game prop-uncheck in game),

disable geforce experience overlay settings,

update graphic card

disable sound enhancement

and some edit in registry and nvidia control panel(follow steps in this link)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gzeg9Kk3nIQ

i did all of it and my fps increase from 40 to 70+ and no stuttering lag fps drop etc again...

Message 16 of 120 (13,524 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Ive got the same issues.

i5 6600k 

RTX 2060 

16GB RAM

Getting solid fps, like 80 with everything maxed out -> stuttering due to cpu load

Getting better fps like 130 with everying low -> stuttering due to cpu load

Getting black flickering when jumping out of the plane, getting extreme stuttering in fights. 

Tried everything, all the nvidia control panels, setting priority on cpu, update windows, update drivers, update bios,, reinstall,  etc etc. 

Havent found the fix yet. Also, don't think that options to normally reduce cpu load a little is helpfull. My cpu should rather be on like 50, 60 % load instead of 100% so clearly something is amiss that wont be fixed with the regular lowering of settings.

Message 17 of 120 (13,472 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It seems to me, all the people who have low-end to mediocre PC's, and just so happen to be running Nvidia graphics cards are the only ones experiencing these issues. EA are CLEARLY in cahoots with the gaming product companies and just soo happened to be the company who made a game soo graphically demanding with such poor performance ruining peoples fun and enjoyment of the game after the first week of launch, with it being a whole new competitor in the Battle Royale scene, that people are going to be forced into spending a couple grand on a whole new system (unless you a brokeass like me). 

Message 18 of 120 (12,982 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

im having same issues we want a fix @EA_David @EA_Blueberry 

Message 19 of 120 (12,853 Views)

★ Novice

same man i have the same thing with u i5 660 rtx 2060 16 ram always crash at the second game. idk what to do now lol

Message 20 of 120 (12,826 Views)