Apex Legends using way too much CPU - Stutter + Framedrops

by Loligor

Original Post

Re: Apex Legends using way too much CPU - Stutter + Framedrops

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

It just helps when computer is having hard time processing textures as it lightens up load a bit but it will not make it worse.

has anybody tried disabling integrated graphics from bios and using only your GPU, apex legends using integrated graphics by default is an old issue... 

- original topic that helped some peoples:  https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Apex-legends-graphics/td-p/7419244

By the way for real budget peoples, ryzen 3300x is new hot thing, not 3600.. for lower price point almost same performance

Message 91 of 120 (2,837 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Ok after many days i found a solution for all those experiencing this problem change your power mode to balanced or for laptops change it to better performance and your problem should be solved. if you have any problem feel free to email me at [edit: email address removed] i had the same stutter and frame drops and this helped me now i can run apex once again max settings and its smooth 

N.B Do not play the game on full power mode 

You're guaranteed to get 60 + frames per second

MESSAGE ME ORIGIN USERNAME : dehunted

Message 92 of 120 (2,599 Views)

★ Apprentice
@JeevanNaika check the last post bro i fixed it or message me and i can help you
Message 93 of 120 (2,592 Views)

★ Novice

Anybody still witnessing high CPU usage in Season 5 as well. Looks like the problem is not completely gone. Because of this my discord is lagging, RTX voice is lagging. I am using an i5-8400, a RTX 2060 and 16GB of DDR4 ram. Is this not enough to run this free-to-play game? Do I need to buy a freakin' i9-9900k to play this game. This article has mentioned a method at the bottom that has something to do with registry editor. I am scared to try it to be honest. Has anybody else tried the method before?

Message 94 of 120 (2,463 Views)

★ Novice

Yea, still having the problems. High CPU usage(usually in random spikes from 70 to 99) with low GPU usage(around 50-60). Tried everything suggested to optimise, but the stuttering wont go away for good. I have days where the game runs smooth 99% of the time and days when it doesnt run smooth at all, without changing anything or using the laptop more than before. Also, i get horrible screen tearing at fps below 62(having a 60Hz monitor) and the game just cannot be runned without fps limiter or vsync on. Enabling vsync makes the game run smooth all the time with no tearing, but gives a huge input lag. Anything else to be done? I am having a i5-7300hq and gtx 1060 with 16gb ram. 

Message 95 of 120 (2,445 Views)

★ Apprentice
@GringoXis did you try changing the power options to balanced it eases your cpu load quite a bit
Message 96 of 120 (2,441 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@Dehunted It does not help
Message 97 of 120 (2,408 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

my PC: i7 9700k + 2070 Rog Strix.

Since a week or maybe more i get the same issue.
I tried:

1. repair game
       2. reinstall game and origin

3. changed all settings to low

4. changed stuff i read on similar posts and tried some programs to balance CPU usage. 

5. Reinstalled Windows again, coz i broke something, that everything started to lag, too.

It doesnt help at all. 

What I experience: I start the game and the CPU load jumps up to 100 and as soon as I'm in the Lobby I have 70-80% usage. If I tab out of the game, the usage drops down to 20%-25% if nothing else is running except the game. As soon as I start a game and i get the loading screen, the usage falls down to 50-60% and stays stable. After the Champ selection it immedeatly jumps up to stable 100% CPU usage during the whole round. Tabbing out drops again to 25%. This causese FPS drops, too.  The interesting thing: if I have other programs open, that use CPU, apex lags and stutters and uses the CPU same, like when nothing else is opened. 

Message 98 of 120 (2,383 Views)

★ Apprentice

try capping your frames also try lowering your power mode to balance or even lower it may help you to ease the cpu load

Message 99 of 120 (2,311 Views)

★★ Novice

This started happening to me this morning - Woke up, played couple of games normally without ANY issues. I exited the game regularly and went out. I came back few hours later and wanted to play with a friend and then bam - 80% CPU as soon as i have started the game. I rebooted the PC - issue remains, repaired the game - issue remains.

Did you maybe find a solution?

Message 100 of 120 (2,231 Views)