Re: Apex Legends using way too much CPU - Stutter + Framedrops

by jefedemuchanina

Original Post

★★ Novice

I'm having the exact same issue. 

i5 6600k

gtx 1080ti

32GB of Ram running at 3000mhz in xmp mode.

As soon as I launch into a game, the CPU pins itself at 100% usage sometimes dipping as low as 80 but shooting right back up.

Occasionally (and by that I mean ever other game), it will crash to desktop without even an error message.

I'm assuming this is being caused by the CPU usage but nothing I have tried seems to bring it down to normal levels.

I tried lowering all CPU settings but that didn't change anything. I also tried all the launcher commands to lower the fps (from 100+ to 60, even 30) thinking maybe that would put less stress on the CPU but still the game uses nearly max CPU no matter what the fps is.

There's obviously some sort of bug causing the CPU usage to be this high.

FYI, I do have intel graphics and have tried with it on and off (makes no difference).

Message 21 of 120 (51,098 Views)

Community Manager

@Joecalone wrote:
I also have a 6600k and 1070, although my game is saved on a 7200RPM HDD. I thought initially it might be due to streaming issues with getting uncompressed audio off the HDD, but since you have an SSD and are experiencing the exact same problem I think I can rule that out.

Does everyone have their game installed on an SSD? We're seeing some others experience no issues when installed on an HDD, but as soon as it's launched from an SSD the CPU Usage climbs and FPS drops. 

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/High-GPU-and-CPU-Usage-in-Anthem/td-p/7496459/page/4

Blueberry.png
Message 22 of 120 (50,554 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Blueberry
Nope. My game installed on HDD. Freezes and crash "memory could not be read", but the game itself works well.

Message 23 of 120 (50,544 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have normal Cpu usage 60-70% but the game stutters so much it's unenjoyable.

This should be top priority along with Crashes.

i7 4790k

Gtx 1080

16gb RAM

Message 24 of 120 (50,527 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
4 core 4 thread what do you people expect
Message 25 of 120 (50,520 Views)

★ Apprentice
I already tried moving it to my HDD. Changed nothing.
Message 26 of 120 (50,505 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Yep, guys it is so simple, get a better CPU. Dam it is so funny to see people complaining about their 4 core processors not being able to stay with 1070 or even 1080 ti. Of course you will have 100% cpu usage if you pair mid tier with high end. I am getting cancer from these threads...
Message 27 of 120 (50,353 Views)

★ Guide

@jefedemuchanina wrote:
4 core 4 thread what do you people expect

Well... We'd expect you to know what that even means, and we'd be sorely disappointed. 

The game's recommended CPU is an i5 from 2012... An i7 from last year shouldn't be an issue for this game. 'Shouldn't' being the key part of that.

Now, this issue doesn't happen all the time. It seems around anytime there's an update, the game tends to lose it's optimization. People like you making assumptions, helps nobody.

You're just a kid at Walmart going "Mommy, I wants the oen with teh most corze!!!!11". And you still don't even know what that even means...

Message 28 of 120 (50,344 Views)

★★★ Novice

Is this bait or something? A fully overclocked 6600k should have no issue running a modified source-engine game. I can run Dishonored 2 (notoriously badly optimised) at 80FPS maxed out, I can run Mirror's Edge Catalyst maxed out no issues, there is absolutely no reason bar poor optimisation that I shouldn't be able to run Apex Legends

Message 29 of 120 (50,134 Views)

★★★★ Novice

change your mouse polling rate from 1000 to 400&500,

disable in game origin settings - origin-app set-more tab-in game-disable it and(right click on the game-game prop-uncheck in game,

disable any geforce experience overlay settings,

update graphic card

disable sound enhancement

and some edit in registry and nvidia control panel

Apex Legends Fps Boost Setings (follow steps in this link)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpRPOVUBvlk

i did all of it and my fps increase from 50 to 80+ and no stuttering lag fps drop etc again

Message 30 of 120 (50,072 Views)