Re: Apex Legends - unable to connect to EA servers (check ea.com/unable-to-*

by DatGuyDoe1

Original Post

★★ Novice

Hey man I have the same exact thing happening to me. I have a amd fx-6300 and a gtx 960 and im confused as too what my problem is. i did all your steps and it still happens. ill be chilling in the main lobby and after 60 seconds my game freezes and the sounds stutter and it comes back to me being in the main lobby. Then give me the unable to connect crap. i just wanna play the game dude. i havent had any problem like this w any other game

Message 11 of 26 (1,905 Views)

★ Pro
@Voltainsttinct Some have reported succes by disabling two out of six cores or restarting "Audio Endpoint Builder" and "Windows audio" services after u started game
Message 12 of 26 (1,898 Views)

★★ Novice

thx ill try this out now and ill get back to you on that 

Message 13 of 26 (1,848 Views)

★★ Novice

still cant play a complete game. idk what else to do to be honest. I play the game a lot on cosole just wish i could play it on here. my computer is more then able to run this game

Message 14 of 26 (1,836 Views)

★ Pro
various tips provided in the forum cant really help with amd fx series
Message 15 of 26 (1,824 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hey there!

Sorry to hear that you are having the same problem.

To be clear and to keep this post up to date, Apex still crashes on me while in the main menu, however i'm still experiencing a few instances in which the game manages to unfreeze and work again so yay lol.

I can play at least 4 consecutive games without disconnecting to login screen so that is acceptable to me.

If you haven't seen my video yet, it shows the problem i was having (and technically still have) : https://streamable.com/ydxdo (freeze happens on 1:19)

The forums are full of people reporting similar problems that can't seem to be resolved, we're definitely not at fault here :/

Devs have some work to do -.-

@Konform103's proposed fix (disabling cores in bios for FX series CPUs) could definitely work (no one knows for sure, of course) but it's such an inconvenient solution that i'm having a hard time recommending it to you.

Let me give you some ideas here, hopefully i won't be wasting your time. Try these one at a time:

• Try capping the FPS to 30 using a third party app (i use Radeon Chill/FRTC) and see if you can notice any improvement at all. I have mine capped at 30 maybe that could help you.
  • Try to use Fullscreen, Borderless fullscreen and Windowed mode and see if that makes any difference.
  • Try doing some port forwarding (if you're comfortable changing your router settings!) by opening these ports https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/opening-tcp-or-udp-ports-for-connection-issues/#apexlegends

Hopefully you will fix this soon, if you do let us know how!

Message 16 of 26 (1,819 Views)

★ Apprentice
@VoltaInstinct Anyways i still crash in game but just like in the main menu it sometimes manages to recover now so i don't always disconnect from matches if i freeze for 6-7 seconds :/
Message 17 of 26 (1,811 Views)

★★ Novice

thanks for everything guys, i played a full game yesterday without a crash but it happened as soon as the game ended. hopefully the devs can do something about this

Message 18 of 26 (1,778 Views)

★ Apprentice
@VoltaInstinct @Konform103 A new patch came out, it comes with fixes for the audio engine (uses less cpu now according to devs) and apparently fixes a crash that was occurring with Intel CPUs. I haven't tested it yet but maybe this could be it? Let me know!
Message 19 of 26 (1,749 Views)

★ Novice

sooooo um when i open apex to try it out it says unable to connect EA servers  any way to solve it.

Message 20 of 26 (1,428 Views)