Apex Legends thinks computer is Offline when starting up

by Theilon

Original Post

Re: Apex Legends thinks computer is Offline when starting up

★★★★ Novice
One month and nothing new? I paid to use the battle pass and i cant because keeps saying my computer is offline!
Message 61 of 104 (3,570 Views)

★★ Novice

Just started having this issue this morning game worked fine last night and no changes were made.

Message 62 of 104 (3,480 Views)

★★ Novice

I tried each step, still have the same issue.  At least Steam works still.  

Message 63 of 104 (3,386 Views)

Community Manager

Hey all,

There are some Origin issues going on at the moment that could cause this, I don't believe it's related to the original issue in this thread. 

We'll update as we get more info to share. 

EACade
Message 64 of 104 (3,384 Views)

★★ Novice

I started having this issue this week (on gfs computer). Apex was launching fine last week. Tried every solution posted in this thread and a few other threads on this same topic. Even did full uninstall and reinstalls of origin, apex, and video card drivers. Windows 10 is completely up to date.  Checked my router and network config as well, but I have another computer in the same house - on the same network- that is running fine. Since some of our group can't play, none of us are playing anymore. I hope this gets worked out because there's a lot of people out here who are very upset that this has been going on for this long without any explanation.

Message 65 of 104 (3,366 Views)

★★ Novice
Thanks Cade
Message 66 of 104 (3,352 Views)

★★ Novice

Extremely frustrating. Every attempt to launch the game is met with the boot-up of easy anticheat, and then I get the error (see screenshot). I troubleshooted this for upwards of 6 hours. No posted solutions or ones I tried myself given what the nature of the issue appeared to be worked. Including setting a proxy for ie via console posted earlier in the thread, flushing and renewing dns ports + hard resetting router, repairing game files, clearing origin cache, uninstalling/reinstalling apex & origin, making sure registries were correct, resetting host files, making and attempting to sign in with a second account, making sure all drivers and software was up to date including origin, apex, windows 10, and graphics drivers plus anything else I may have been instructed to try by EA support. Literally nothing works and there is no sensible reason I am getting this error at all and it came out of nowhere last night and I have been locked out ever since. EA support has been zero help, and I sat on the phone on hold for about an hour before I hung up waiting to be transferred to a tech who could supposedly help me, but it really seems like no one on the developer side knows what this is or how to fix it. I feel absolutely powerless to resolve this issue and tilting doesn't even begin to describe the emotion I feel coming to this conclusion after wasting all this time chasing the promise I could troubleshoot it and just play a game I love. I hope the posted solutions help some, hopefully the list of things I did gives you ideas of other things to try if you're still struggling, but don't get your hopes up. Hope to hear a cause or solution soon.

Message 67 of 104 (3,148 Views)

★ Novice

This problem only started yesterday - unable to start Apex Legends with error "We've noticed your comoputer is currently offline. To activate your game on this computer using your EA Account, you'll need to connect to the internet"

I have done all the steps available at the url https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Apex-Legends-thinks-computer-is-Offline-when-starting-up/...

but none of these steps work and the same problem arises.

Message 68 of 104 (3,009 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

same issue have tried everything, the game use to work perfect.

Message 69 of 104 (2,897 Views)

★★ Novice
I attempted all the recommended steps with no results. The only thing I found to fix this was to use a VPN, like ProtonVPN. I was able to connect right after I installed it.
Message 70 of 104 (2,872 Views)