Apex Legends sound only works correctly with HyperX Cloud Flight headset

by JTB727

Original Post

Apex Legends sound only works correctly with HyperX Cloud Flight headset

★★★ Newbie

Has anyone else had problems with the sound in Apex Legends being waaaay too quiet? I've never experienced issues with what I hear or when I hear it like most bug reports I've seen but since day 1 I've had issues with the sound being absurdly low even with volume in game set to 100 and volume out of game set to 100 (usually I keep it at 20-40 for pretty much everything). Awhile back I bought the HyperX Cloud Flight headset and immediately I noticed with that headset the sound was completely fixed, it sounded just right. Since this was around the time of Season 1 release I thought it was a bug fix or something but I just tried going back to my old headset (which has no issues besides with Apex) while the HyperX is charging and the sound was crap again. I tried just using my speakers (again no issues outside of Apex) and they have the same problem with super low volume. It's at all points in the game; loading, menu, in game, etc. I can't seem to find anyone else who has experienced this kind of problem, just a bunch of stuff about sound delays and quiet footsteps.

If anyone has experienced this please say so, even if you have no solution it would be nice to know if this is a common problem. Obviously solutions would also be highly appreciated.

Message 1 of 6 (3,011 Views)

Re: Apex Legends sound only works correctly with HyperX Cloud Flight headset

★★ Novice
@JTB727 hey dude , i just bought the hyperx cloud wireless to some days ago and i have this issue to , every f@cking sound is very very weird..... did u find some fix ?
Message 2 of 6 (2,806 Views)

★★★ Novice

I had a similar problem. The only fix short of restarting was to tab out, left click on the volume icon in taskbar, and switch to the monitor sound choice, then back to default (speakers).

Message 3 of 6 (2,764 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@FA-ImTheMRL Sorry to say I never found a solution but the problem I had was semi-solved simply by using the headset you said you’re using so I think your problem might be a bit different.
Message 4 of 6 (2,736 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Swaydizzle304 The weirdest thing to me was that it worked perfectly but only when using the specific headset. I tried at least 3 other headsets and they all had a sound issue but only with Apex Legends.
Message 5 of 6 (2,732 Views)

★★ Novice

have hyper x cloud revolver, ive always played on xbox one x using these headphone right into the audio jack with no issues and great sound quality as well as the sound being very loud. I recently made a switch to PC now being able to use the mixer it came with, but everytime I play apex the sound of gunfire and footsteps drastically decreases in the middle of a fire fight and I have tried everythingpossible to fix it. anybody have this issue? is it just the headphones? is hyper x all branding and no quality for headphones? everything else is super loud but it when I actually need it to be loud the sound cuts out, so annoying

Message 6 of 6 (2,446 Views)