Re: Apex Legends server time out PS4

by xDZxScorpion

Original Post

Apex Legends server time out PS4

★ Novice

I have been playing for weeks now and ever since day one I have gotten this error. Basically after EVERY game I get kicked to this screen saying server timed out. I can then no longer long back into the game, I have to quit the application and re-launch it, wait until the prompt to choose a server closer to me comes up, join that and then log in again. Having to do this after every single game is a real drag (and obviously squad-mates get bored waiting 5 minutes each time between games). I have tried literally everything to fix this, this is the only game which gives me connectivity trouble. I have seen searching posts other people have had this since the games release with no solution available and no change with the 1.05 and 1.06 patches claiming to fix issues with connectivity, I am honestly at a loss with what is going on with this game and these servers.

Sometimes it says error code 100 instead, or error code code 200 (yes it actually says code code). 🤷 I don't get this at all...

Message 1 of 6 (4,195 Views)

Community Manager

Best thing to do @HalfElfAngel is take a look at our Connection troubleshooting steps which you can find here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/

It'll take you a couple of minutes to do them all but please do take the time and do them all.

Let me know how you get on.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 6 (4,158 Views)

★ Novice

Thx for the reply.

I have already tried basically all of this, it is not a problem with me getting disconnected from the internet my connection is stable on the PS4 and all devices. I don't get disconnected from Playstation network or anything like that, I don't have any issues with any other game. It seems to be something to do with the amount of time connected in game. For instance I start the application wait until I can pick a server so I have the best ping, log in (sometimes this gives me an error [See attached] or takes 5 or so seconds saying attempting connection, but then will log in fine). I can then start a game of Apex and either have

scenario 1.

We all die within approximately 3 minutes, so I leave to the main menu not getting kicked with the server error message this time. I can play another game but after that game I will get kicked 100% of the time and have to relaunch the game because trying to close the error msg box and log back in gives me an infinite loading wheel.

Scenario 2.

After a fresh log in I play a game that lasts 15-20min (normal game time) I get the error message after leaving the game and cannot log back into the game without quitting the application and re-launching.

This limited play time before getting timed out, the log into Apex issues (which when you first play the game is where you sign up for an EA account), the fact that my internet is stable for everything else. It makes me believe that this is a problem with the Playstation network and EA account linking. (sometimes I have seen when trying a fresh log in an Apex error saying cannot connect to playstation network, this is rare though. My internet doesn't cut out I am connected to PSN during this and dismissing this error and retrying the login is successful if this is a fresh login.

Message 3 of 6 (4,148 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

i have the same problem since the first update of the game, and i get exactly what you have the same scenarios, so if you get a solution let me know please.

Message 4 of 6 (3,806 Views)

★★ Novice

I've tried all your copy and paste steps to and nothing is fixing this major issue, I have friends in different states that have the same issue, this seems to be on your guys side of things

Message 5 of 6 (2,151 Views)

★★ Novice

In now days I still have the same problem and I did everything. I dont have problem with my connection in other games and I read that in the eventos of Halloween Ea will correct that. What am I saying is that the error is still there.

Message 6 of 6 (1,282 Views)