Re: Apex Legends - season 4- Multiple lag/quality issues (Xbox)

by Hernder

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

I have been having this issue for almost a week now. My bullet tracking is so off. Seems like I’m on target but no shots are hitting. I can’t run without skipping backwards. My supply bins open with a delayed reaction and the loot also doesn’t show up until a second later. My drop ship even lags. EVEN my menu is lagging. I have very fast internet and I’m connected to Ethernet. My wife plays 2 floors above me with no Ethernet and doesn’t have nearly as bad lagging but still some. I hate this. 

Message 21 of 35 (855 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Yeah the game is absolutely unplayable at the moment, every ten seconds I get a "hiccup". I've been a consistent player since day one. Really not enjoying apex right now.

Message 22 of 35 (820 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Why would they bother...

Message 23 of 35 (811 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I feel like the more I'm surrounded by the new character (Revenant) the worse the lag gets. 

Message 24 of 35 (782 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It is reminding me of early PUBG on Xbox One.   Textures are popping in, hit registration is wonky, crashes, etc... 

Message 25 of 35 (768 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So the first 3 days when TRYING to play Season 4 on my Xbox One X I was having terrible stuttering and lagging & my buddy came over on Tuesday also to play for a couple days. He was on his Xbox One S the game was doing the same thing and it was basically unplayable because every time we got into a engagement with another team it would start stuttering and lagging to which you were almost always guaranteed to die. On Friday the game started playing fine on my Xbox One X and he was still experiencing these issue from the previous 3 days. So for the next day it was just frustration because I wanted to play on team with him but of course if i played with him it was guaranteed that the team would be handicapped because of all the stuttering and lag on his system(Xbox One S). Both had wired connection to router with 0% packet loss and both were getting over 400mbps connection speed. Since my system was working fine(Xbox One X) and his was still not we started to wonder if the game for some reason was better optimized for the Xbox One X in this current patch we got for Season 4. I don't know how or why that would be the case but I wanted to fine out and really wanted to be able to enjoy the game with my friends. So we went out and traded his Xbox One S in and I payed for the rest of the cost to upgrade to a Xbox One X. Got home and hooked it up to a 4k TV I wasn't using and first game we play together we win and he has not one issue the entire gameplay. We had 3 good engagements were there was plenty of things happening on screen and not a stutter or and lag. I don't know why or for what reason getting the newer Xbox One X fixed the issues of lag and stuttering when previously all of season 3 we played together and never had any issues at all.

Message 26 of 35 (691 Views)

★★★ Novice
@WARL0CKE Heard there will be a fix today or tomorrow. I heard🤷🏾‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️
Message 27 of 35 (654 Views)

★ Apprentice

@ezcleezy Where did you hear this info?

Message 28 of 35 (631 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yes, the server lag has never been so bad the game has now become unplayable on xbox for me idk how the servers got this *. First sbmm now this they really are trying to get people to stop playing this game.

Message 29 of 35 (554 Views)

Hey everyone!

A patch was deployed yesterday that should have fixed this issue.

Attention Legends: we’ve released a patch today for Xbox One to address performance issues. Please make sure to update your client!
-Twitter - Apex Legends 

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png
Message 30 of 35 (522 Views)