Apex Legends runs like crap- Fps Stutters etc.

by Alegggsi

Original Post

Apex Legends runs like crap- Fps Stutters etc.

★ Novice

Hello,

I've been a player since the beta and have had this problem since about season 4, my game just randomly stutters whenever I play on my native resolution. 

I've turned everything down and even have to play on 4:3 (1280x 1024). I don't really know what to do. These stutters are unbearable in fights. 

Every other game runs perfectly fine except for Apex.

My specs:

Cpu: Ryzen 5 2600x 

GPU: Amd RX 480 

mainboard: B450 Pro-VDH MAX

16gb of Ram

Message 1 of 5 (1,655 Views)

Re: Apex Legends runs like crap- Fps Stutters etc.

EA DICE Team

Hey, @Alegggsi  make sure that all drivers for windows are up to date, also worth reinstalling the GPU drivers for your PC.

You can also try to do a clean boot to see if there any programs messing with APEX and turn off any overlay programs for example Discord or Nvidia experience.

Can you add a Dxdiag so we can see what hardware and drivers you have? 

Let me know if this works or not for you. Standard smile

/Atic

Message 2 of 5 (1,597 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Everything should be up to date and I have tried reinstalling my GPU drivers multiple times in the past because this has been a problem for me since season 4 and its getting increasingly worse with each season. I have attached my dxdiag file below, hopefully that will help. @EA_Atic

@EA_Atic wrote:

Hey, @Alegggsi  make sure that all drivers for windows are up to date, also worth reinstalling the GPU drivers for your PC.

You can also try to do a clean boot to see if there any programs messing with APEX and turn off any overlay programs for example Discord or Nvidia experience.

Can you add a Dxdiag so we can see what hardware and drivers you have? 

Let me know if this works or not for you. Standard smile

/Atic

Message 3 of 5 (1,579 Views)

EA DICE Team
@Alegggsi When playing how usage looking in taskmanger anything 100% and have you overclocked anything?

/Atic
Message 4 of 5 (1,539 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Alegggsi Same! I don't know what to do. Every other game runs smooooooth. 4080 graphics card. New pc that can handle. Just in a fight unable to track due to fps stuttering. I don't play anymore because of it. Tried every trouble shoot and update and driver update possible.
Message 5 of 5 (55 Views)