Re: Apex Legends randomly freezing

by J_RiiGzZ

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Apex Legends randomly freezing

★★ Novice

Hello there,

Ever since i started playing this game, my game has been randomly freezing in random games. Sometimes i can play 10 games perfectly fine, and sometimes it will freeze on the very first game. This on it's own is very annoying. There's two things that can happen when the game freezes. If i'm playing the game in fullscreen, my game literally freezes completely and i can't open anything anymore, even if i alt + f4 it doesn't close or when i ctrl+alt+del and try to open task manager, task manager does not open infront of the game screen that is frozen (i can see that task manager opened but when i try to alt+tab to go to the window, the screen from the game does not change to the task manager one so i can't even force close the game when it's in full screen), and then there is the case when i play the game in windowed fullscreen, where the game will freez and then after a second or 5 i will get a windows pop up that tells me the Game is not responding and it provides me with two options, either to wait for the game to respond (wich it never does) or to force quit the game (wich does work but like it says, closes the game). What also happens when the game closes after freezing in windowed fullscreen, after the game gets completely closed by the windows pop-up, every other game i try to play AFTER that happens has * up graphics and lags really badly. wich they don't normally. So even when i play in windowed fullscreen and the game freezes, i have to fully reset my computer because thats the only way how to fix every game lagging and stuff after Apex Legends freezing.

I have tried countless of 'solutions' from both online reading and contacting support and so far none of them have worked...

I have reset all the Origin files as suggested, i have allowed Origin and Apex Legends in my firewall, i have turned down the graphics of the game completely down to prevent overheating (wich it didn't even at higher graphics), i have uninstalled and re-installed Origin completely as suggested, i have done a completely clean boot on my pc with no background programs running other then the needed microsoft ones, and i have tried several other things.. none of these steps have worked for me and i'm still left with the same issue.

I love the game, but this issue is making it really frustrating to play. Would love to find a solution for this.

Message 1 of 8 (11,654 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I had the same problem and changed the Texture streaming budget to low or none and it helped I can't say it will for other but trying won't hurt.

View in thread

Message 6 of 8 (10,050 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice

I unfortunately too, have the same problem. This game is amazing, but in fights it would randomly freeze for 10 seconds, then comes back. Then, I says I died, and that's when I get mad.

Message 2 of 8 (10,991 Views)

★ Novice

I have the same issue, randomly freezes for like 10 seconds. I love this game, but this has gotten me killed more times than I can think.  Please if someone has a solution, I would love to hear it. TIA!

Message 3 of 8 (10,893 Views)

★ Apprentice

This has been an issue (for me, at least) ever since the game launched, and has only gotten worse with each patch. So, don't expect a fix any time soon. Would love it if Respawn proved me wrong on that point, but I got a strong feeling they're not going to.

Message 4 of 8 (10,741 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Apparently rolling back drivers to 417.71 or 416.94 helps many people who face this issue. I currently have my driver at 417.71 but still occasionally have the freeze and crash. Contemplating if i should install 416.94.

Also,

When you're in the frozen game, press the windows key and tab at the same time. This will "alt tab" you to another desktop instance.

Then click on Desktop 2 that you can see on the top left. When in desktop 2, you should see that you dont have any programs running on it.

Turn on task manager and end task on apex legends. Windows Key + Tab again to return to your default desktop. Standard smile

Message 5 of 8 (10,467 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I had the same problem and changed the Texture streaming budget to low or none and it helped I can't say it will for other but trying won't hurt.

Message 6 of 8 (10,051 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Same here.... game freezes during gunfights making this unplayable most of the time. Just like any other bugged out free-to-play game... Tested many different titles to make sure it wasn't a hardware issue. This game is the only one I have that freezes on my computer almost every match. Seems like a very very common issue on the pc version. I hope respawn or EA are actually reading these comments and doing something about it.

Message 7 of 8 (8,752 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

i can confirm that j_rigs soluition worked for me 

Message 8 of 8 (7,642 Views)