Re: Apex Legends random /rubber band/lag Xbox One X

by Stinkfinger1345

Original Post

Apex Legends random /rubber band/lag Xbox One X

★★★ Newbie

Was playing for around 2 hours and it was running great. Out of no where I start lagging and rubber banding the entirety of the game and every single game. I played around 5 more games experiencing this issue. I tried hard resetting my Xbox, resetting my router, clearing MAC address, using different DNS, reconnecting to WiFi, changing settings for my Xbox One X so that I have minimal data usage, and checking data servers at the start screen of apex legends. My internet is fine I did multiple speed checks on Xbox One X and the iPhone app “Speed Test” and there were no anomalies or intermittent fluctuations with the ping, and latency with the router/modem. I always had 0% packet loss on every test and it was tested around 5 times. I would run up Apex Legends and wait at the start screen to gain access to the data servers option and every server was above 350 ping with around 50 to 80% packet loss. I have done quite a bit of research and found nothing about the servers being down or experiencing issues but I play with friends that live in the same area as me (Texas) and they are not experiencing this issue. 

Message 1 of 17 (18,823 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Every single match I connected to yesterday was so laggy I had to quit. Every. Single. Match. The Xbox servers have progressively gotten very bad since launch. It was that the lag tapered off after a few minutes of game. Now it’s there the entire game. Huge and I mean huge rubber bands and stutters. Like 4-5 seconds long. My connection is good. Other games run just fine. I even bought a new Xbox to see if it was my system but no. New Xbox plays apex just as bad. Speed test has a 20 ping and no packet loss. This is all server side. If EA needs me to run a data center and figure this out I’d be happy to help. This is easy to fix most likely just requires a few bucks to upgrade servers. 

But this needs to get taken care of. The game is unplayable st the moment as this makes the experience just awful. Takes all fun out of the game. 

Message 2 of 17 (18,807 Views)

★ Novice
I have this problem and i did all the standard resets and un installed and re installed the game still the same the only game that does it
Message 3 of 17 (18,759 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank god you said something. Mine has been doing the same thing and it’s making the game unbearable. I’m missing easy shots even a first timer wouldn’t miss due to the lag. I’ve done everything and have found nothing that helps. I even upgraded my internet. I’ve come to the conclusion that this game just absolutely sucks and I’ll never be able to play without the lag. I’m not sure what else todo

Message 4 of 17 (17,996 Views)

★ Apprentice

You know what would be awesome?  Someone from EA to fix this issue, or at least acknowledge it and let us know they give a sh.....

Message 5 of 17 (17,558 Views)

★★★ Newbie

They're not going to reply or acknowledge. I gave up on Battlefield V because of stutter and lag, and now Apex is doing it as well. 0% packet loss, ~40ms ping, router reset, console reset, nothing works. I just played a match where I was rubber banding about 15 feet, and items that I had just picked up would reappear where I picked them up from, as if I never did.

Message 6 of 17 (16,612 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Im from texas and am experiencing the same issues. In addition when i open loot bins there is no sound to go with the animation and at the end of most of my games i have to force close to get back to lobby. sigh. 

Message 7 of 17 (13,660 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Tired of the constant lag interface and hitbox registration when it comes too shooting with shotguns or any other weapons the latence is literally a bothefsome problem that needs too be troubleshooted and serioisly looked over it caused many difficulties 

Message 8 of 17 (12,522 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I used to play this game every day it was my favorite game since the fall of COD but for 3 maybe 4 months and since then it’s just rubberbanding all the time and a constant ping of 100 and I love this game I went so far as upgrading my WiFi and then my hard drive I even bought a new Xbox hoping to fix this problem and nothing it’s still unplayable.

Message 9 of 17 (9,697 Views)

★★ Novice
@TGS_Euphoric I have the same problem and I play every day since day 1
Message 10 of 17 (9,173 Views)