Re: Apex Legends "Player Bug"

by prashraynagar

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Having the same bug, I've tried everything including the DNS change. Also tried the hotspot thing someone mentioned and it did work, I could see my username and level, but then it reverted when I changed back to my wifi. I can't play on hotspot bc of the unstable connection so that's not a possible solution for me.

This only just happened right after the recent update for the halloween event; everything was working perfectly fine before. Please help.

edit: I'm on PS4.

Message 21 of 144 (3,068 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am experiencing this issue currently on PS4 I followed all the steps in the link provided. I changed my DNS settings to what u provided in the chat before. Is there something else I can do? Please help this is very frustrating 

Message 22 of 144 (3,019 Views)

Community Manager

Hey there, 

If it's not happening when you connect via mobile hot spot it sounds like the issue might be somewhere in your local network. If you're connecting over wifi, would it be possible to try connecting with a LAN Cable instead? That way we can eliminate wifi issues as a possible cause. 

Let me know how that goes if you're able to give it a try. Thank you!

/Kent 

Kent.png
Message 23 of 144 (2,989 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This * is getting old. This is An Apex problem. No matter whose internet I’m on, it’s the same * bug. Evil Arts is terrible

Message 24 of 144 (2,952 Views)

★ Novice

Also getting this consistently. Anytime I queue with my PC and XBOX friend for two games,  I then get locked out and am unable to play. My nametag just says "Player" and although I can see party invites from my friends I can't join. I have to wait serveral hours, and then all the sudden it's back to normal. Once I'm locked out I can't even open firing range or solo queue by myself.

I understand crossplay is in beta, but I didn't think playing with my friends would lock me out of the game. I pay for battle pass and feel like I can't complete it when I have limited playtime, and then get locked out.

Happy to provide any additional info to get this fixed cause it sucks. bwm115 is my account name. I'm on wired internet, DNS stuff doesn't matter, tried it. Application reboot, console reboot, joining different servers. Doesn't work.

Message 25 of 144 (2,926 Views)

★ Novice

bro, I have found the ultimate fix...I uninstalled the game and the origin client and installed the game with the steam launcher and signed in with my ea account...now it has no bugs...

Message 26 of 144 (2,912 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I’m also having this issue and none of the troubleshooting steps or changing of my internet settings have had any effect on the error. This is extremely frustrating to me because this is my second account I’m using after my original account became unusable with the game stating “my ea account expired” and multiple emails sent to support went unanswered. 

Message 27 of 144 (2,853 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey, I did exactly what you said (because I had the same problem) and now it's fixed! Thanks a lot!

Message 28 of 144 (2,817 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I’m having the same issues. And this has been going on for a few months for me. At random times I’ll start up the game and I’ll have Player where my PSN should be. And when that happens I can literally do nothing. I’ve done the steps. Even changed the DNS. It still happens more frequently that I would like and it’s very irritating. 

Message 29 of 144 (2,615 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've been having this issue now for a week straight. I was able to play this morning but as soon as I got he from work it's doing it again.

Message 30 of 144 (2,589 Views)