Re: Apex Legends process not closing whenever exiting game.

by Demonio_ITA

Original Post

Apex Legends process not closing whenever exiting game.

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I've been having a problem with Apex Legends not ending whenever I quit the game. This has been going on for a long time now. I tried quitting normally, or using Alt + f4.. same result. 

I have to restart my computer to close it (to free ram memory)  because even task manager doesn't forcibly end the task. 

I thought this was only a problem in the origin launcher but apparently happens in steam as well. 

Please help. Thank you! 

Message 1 of 23 (15,768 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@MamaLaaaaaaaaamy same problem
Message 2 of 23 (15,733 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey, @AqunyanMyFav  @MamaLaaaaaaaaamy  You you try to do a clean boot to see if there any programs messing with APEX and turn off any overlay programs for example Discord or Nvidia experience.

Can you add a Dxdiag so we can see what hardware and drivers you have? 

Let me know if this works or not for you. Standard smile

/Atic

Message 3 of 23 (15,717 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I have a question..

WHY IS THIS ALWAYS YOUR GOTO ANSWER?  IS THIS THE VERY FIRST PAGE OF WHAT TO REPLY BOOKLET?

CLEAN REBOOT DOES NOTHING FOR NO ONE EVER! WHEN IT COMES TO APEX LEGENDS.

I TOO HAVE THIS ISSUE USING STEAM AS THE LAUNCHER, IT NEVER CLOSES!!! EVER!!! 

IT DOESNT EVEN APPEAR IN TASK MANAGER BUT STEAM REPORTS ITS STILL RUNNING.

YOU HAVE TO PHYSICALLY REBOOT YOUR MACHINE TO CLOSE IT, OR EVEN PLAY IT AGAIN!!  

OH YEAH AND THE FOREVER BS EZANTICHEAT ERROR 30005 IS COMMON PLACE AS WELL.

EA/RESPAWN IS A COMPLETE JOKE!  CHEATERS IN RANKED, CHEATERS IN EVERY DROP!  YOU DO NOTHING!!

GET YOUR FACE OUT OF YOUR LIL CHEAT SHEET YOU HAVE TO REPLY TO PEOPLE AND ACTUALLY FIND A SOLUTION TO YOUR CRAP GAME!

NO OTHER GAMES GIVE THIS PROBLEM.. WHY MUST I CLOSE MY GFORCE EXPERIENCE?  SO I CANNOT USE SHADOWPLAY BECAUSE OF YOU!?

NO OVERLAYS? WHY?  WHY DONT YOU JUST TELL PEOPLE TO BUILD A DEDICATED PC JUST FOR THIS GAME THEN, MIGHT AS WELL AS YOUR SUGGESTIONS

ARE JUST AS USELESS.

DXDIAG YOU WANT TO KNOW WHAT PEOPLE DRIVERS ARE...  WORDUP!!! EVERY PROGRAM INCLUDING GEFORCE UPDATES WHEN ITS SUPPOSED TO, UNLIKE

YOUR LAUNCHER WHICH NEVER UPDATES THE GAME EVEN THOUGH YOU HAVE IT SET TO DO SO AUTOMATICALLY ON AN UPDATE.

AGAIN GET YOUR HEADS OUT YOUR CHEATSHEETS AND GET SOME REAL TECH SUPPORT

Message 4 of 23 (15,185 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Has anyone found a solution yet? Maybe it has something to do with the CPU?

I'm having the same issue, 2500k. rather an old cpu.

Message 5 of 23 (14,918 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I am recently experiencing this same issue now in Season 10.  Task Manager is the only way it seems.  Been playing since Season 1 and nothing ever like this has happened before on a repetitive basis. Also "the EZAntiCheat Module isn't loaded" I get quite often. Other issues is the sluggish server performance (more so in Ranked).  The character selection screen before matches  loads about 40% of the time when you start a game. 

What used to be working as expected is now just broken. (Someone somewhere isn't doing their job correctly.)

I use this site quite often to check outages and server issues when I'm, lagging like mad.

https://apexlegendsstatus.com/

100% CPU usage as well 100% GPU loads.  I can't even open Task Manager at times without crashing APEX LEGENDS to do so.  All this since EMERGENCE.

Player loyalty will drop if nothing is done to fix these issues.

Message 6 of 23 (14,217 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@MamaLaaaaaaaaamy same here and if i try to stop the process It Say that It Is not possibile
Message 7 of 23 (12,933 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Demonio_ITA I solved this problem just by reinstalling the steam....Hope this will be usefull for you.
Message 8 of 23 (11,964 Views)

★★★ Newbie

do you mean you reinstalled the steam version of Apex or Steam entirely? because I tried reinstalling the game as well, I even downloaded the origin version, tried again and went back to steam afterwards but none of those worked

Message 9 of 23 (11,644 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

after I re installed steam and apex it fixed it but after 1 session the problem was back Frown

Message 10 of 23 (9,303 Views)