Apex Legends performance bad after computer restart on high end PC.

by iIovesmokingmid

Original Post

Apex Legends performance bad after computer restart on high end PC.

★★★ Newbie

Specs: -2070, i7-8700, 16GB Ram, 240 hz monitor.

So I've been playing Apex for a long time, and this issue has been damaging my game's performance for a while now. It started in Season 7 when I noticed whenever I restart my PC my game's performance gets heavily impacted. For example, when I restart my PC my frames in the game can drop from a consistent 170 to 30 fps, and I have no idea why it does this. Recently, although it has not dropped to 30, my game is stuck in a consistent 100-170 even though my PC has been handling the game perfectly fine up until Season 7 when the bug started. On top of this, I play on the lowest settings, with stretched res and the game's frames still suffer. This wouldn't be a problem, however, whenever a new driver rolls around or a forced windows update restarts my computer, the bug has a chance of ruining my game again. What's odd is yesterday my game was running perfectly fine until my computer restarted and my game now runs extremely choppy and has an inconsistent frame rate. 

I've restarted my PC multiple times, reinstalled my drivers, reinstalled the game on both Origin and Steam, checked my PC if it was on High-Performance mode, cleaned both my GPU and CPU, freed up space, and even checked reverted my drivers and nothing changed. It's been like this since Season 7. Does anyone else have this issue or experiencing something similar? Any help would be appreciated. 

Message 1 of 1 (140 Views)