Re: Apex Legends mid game crashes

by DeltaSabre69

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Apex Legends mid game crashes

★★★★★ Novice

Please please please acknowledge the fact that for some people this game is just not runnning.
The game just randomly crashes so often, sometimes after 2 minutes and sometimes after 2 hours.
For me personally its just unplayable. We're a group of 10 active players and i'm literally the only one with issues like this, while i am by far running the best pc (2080 + i7-9700k + 16gb ram 3200mhz).
I have tried everything: undo the overclock on both cpu and gpu, repair the client in origin, reinstall origin + Apex, close all software programs like discord, msi afterburner, aorus client, went back to older nvidia drivers with DDU, played games on probably every possible video setting combination and it just keeps crashing. 

I have been scouting the forums for way too long right now and there is just nothing to look forward to.
Not a single response from an official, no clear reason why this happens, just nothing.
Percentage wise the players experiencing these frequent crashes wont be high but for a game being out 5 days with this many people crashing this often there should at least be a single comment telling us that you are looking into it or something.

Very disapointed.... Love the game but i just have to let my friends play alone because they will almost always end up a 2 man squad.

Message 1 of 27 (23,060 Views)

Accepted Solution

Limiting your fps could solve the issue.

A few posted are marked with as the solution.

Make sure you update now to the latest drives: 419.35.

There is a GPU fix in this update for apex legends.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

View in thread

Message 16 of 27 (13,707 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice

Same here top grade system with tons of crashes even though I should not be crashing for any reason. If your a dev here my dxdiag to prove my point 

Message 2 of 27 (23,041 Views)

★★ Novice

Post your DXDiag to show your specs that way type DXDiag in windows search bar with windows 10 and it'll have option that says run command and choose to save it once you have run the command. Once you do that post it here!

Message 3 of 27 (23,038 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
I will when I get home from work.
Thanks
Message 4 of 27 (23,036 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

So I managed to "fix" the problem. I downclocked the core speed and memory speed of my gpu by -200 and i got 0 crashes ever since. Sad i have to downclock to play this while i play all my other games with overclocked settings. 

Haven't tested the new NVIDIA driver yet.

Message 5 of 27 (23,009 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Im at the point where i dont even consider playing this game anymore its not fun to get so far into the game get geared and then DC in the middle of a firefight ever single time. Without fail its just miserable experience and for a company like EA thats just insane.

Message 6 of 27 (23,007 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I also had to downclock my GPU. CPU was fine overclocked though.

I7 7700k @ 4.9

16gb 3866

1080ti aorus extreme (Now downclocked by 100 as per @BillyBonkersz example)

I'm going to slowly increment back up towards what it was to find my sweet spot though

Message 7 of 27 (22,932 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yes I agree with you!

They should really get to work on a way to reconnect to a game! Thats a big feature i miss, so if some people have stability issues and crashes they would be able to rejoin after restarting, Get that banner to the beacon!

I've had numerous crashes mid and even late game happen but i still love the game 

Message 8 of 27 (22,869 Views)

★ Novice

hey guys.. look i got tired of this error.. so i tried a few things... first i tried the repair button on apex game icon on origen.. then tried diferent resolutions and took out dead body effects.. and i deactivated the TExt to voice option.. and now im playing without crash.. so one of those things must be the key to the problem.. my guess is text to voice.. since the game constantly give off stuttering sound even at 120 fps.., try it out.. maybe it will fix yours Standard smile

Message 9 of 27 (22,716 Views)

Hey there

Is there a error message with a error code?

If not, Try to turn set Texture Steaming Budget a bit lower.

It could solve the problem, let me know if this worked or not.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png
Message 10 of 27 (22,676 Views)