Apex Legends low fps

by sp33d_is_lif3

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Apex Legends low fps

★★★ Novice

I have overclocked gtx 950 2gb,12 gb of ram and intel xeon w3670. I have played titanfall 2 witchout any issues on medium settings and somehow Apex can't even have stable 40fps when on low. I tried everything that i could find like nvidia settings and I still get 40fps max. What's funny is that I have similar perfomance on medium settings. I have 100% gpu usage so cpu is not bottlenecking. It seems like there is some sort of fps cap.

Message 1 of 13 (44,240 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Apex Legends low fps

★★★ Novice

Ok so this game have just awful optimization. Just changed res to 720p and it somehow menages to have 60fps but not witchout drops.

View in thread

Message 2 of 13 (43,712 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice

Ok so this game have just awful optimization. Just changed res to 720p and it somehow menages to have 60fps but not witchout drops.

Message 2 of 13 (43,713 Views)

★ Novice

It is im on a i9 9900k and nvidia 2080ti ans i got at max 40fps ingame even on low and i tried allt the things that i can do whit it but nothing

Message 3 of 13 (40,971 Views)

★★★★ Novice

change your mouse polling rate from 1000 to 500,

disable in game origin settings(origin-app set-more tab-in game-disable it) and(right click on the game-game prop-uncheck in game),

disable geforce experience overlay settings,

update graphic card

disable sound enhancement

and some edit in registry and nvidia control panel(follow steps in this link)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpRPOVUBvlk

i did all of it and my fps increase from 40 to 70+ and no stuttering lag fps drop etc again...

Message 4 of 13 (40,597 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I have a GTX 1070 icore i7700 and 16 ram s memory and i cant play the game is  always  lagging  doesnt  ,matter if i put the graphics on the low or hight i cant play looks like i have a * pc 

plz  help me i want play apex legends.

Message 5 of 13 (40,465 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

How do I get a rock solid 150fps at 1080p med-high with my stats when most of you have better PCs then I do, Is the Nvidia drivers Really that bad it can cause so much performance degradation?

My Humble setup:
CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K Running @ 5ghz
GPU: XFX Radeon R9 290X 8GB (R9-290X-8DFD)

MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97-PRO

RAM: CORSAIR Dominator Platinum 8GB (DDR3 2133)

HDD: Boot: 120GB M.2 / Game Drive: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB

glad I've been procrastinating on upgrades this isn't looking good

Message 6 of 13 (40,347 Views)

★ Pro
I have a 4690 i5.. 8gb of ram.. 1050 ti.. Your graphics cards scores only 15% better in the benchmarks i found.. I dont think thats possible.. I have to run everything low at 1080p to barely get 80fps.. I'm not a know it all on tuning but you would need a high end graphics card like 2080 ti.. And even then some users have reported their fps being capped at 144.. Anyway hope u appreciate my thoughts on this
Message 7 of 13 (40,343 Views)

★★★ Novice
@sp33d_is_lif3 Apex legends caps to 15 fps when the power cable is not connected to my laptop (rog gl553vd) even after setting all power profiles everywhere to max performance but runs fine when connected to power, whereas all the other games i play configured to play at max performance through nvidia control panel on max power plan without power connected runs fine at max performance

but when i turn on v sync ingamesettings, the game caps at 60 fps and runs fine with huge latency ofcourse.
Message 8 of 13 (39,454 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@JaggaDakuGamesYT SO HELPFUL
Message 9 of 13 (37,488 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Hey so I've been having the same problem, and I found this article: https://www.saintlad.com/fix-apex-legends-low-fps/. I don't think it's going to help with fps stutter, but it will definitely help with generally low fps. I had a cap of 60 fps before the article, and now after the article my fps is capping at 140 fps. So if you don't have fps stutter but just low fps in general, this should really help. Unfortunately for me, I have a lot of fps stutter and capping at 140 doesn't change anything for me. Still looking for solutions for fps stutter...

Message 10 of 13 (31,703 Views)