Apex Legends latency and packet loss

by TOC_Lucifer

Original Post

Apex Legends latency and packet loss

★★ Novice

Hey there legends,

I have set up a new internet broadband connection. It is a fiber to node type of connection giving me 100mbps of speeds on wired connections. I had trouble playing Apex on the internet because i constantly get latency sign and packet loss sign in the game. The main game server select menu gives ping time of around ~85-100ms and 0% packet loss on Singapore servers. I played earlier on mobile hotspot internet from my smartphone which gave me 100-115ms ping time and 0% packet loss and also it didn't give me any connectivity signs or notable issues while playing. But the broadband makes the game unplayable, literally. There is a lot of stuttering and lags while shooting. I even forwarded the ports necessary, even tried DMZ all when using a static local ip. I am out of options and I would appreciate help from anyone here. I am attaching a UOTrace results pinged to Singapore 1 server IP address of Apex Legends (72.5.161.228). I got this ip from googling, so if i am wrong about that, i am sorry about that.
Please help me out here, how can mobile hotspot with higher ping can be giving a smoother experience rather than a 100 mbps connection. Even on a lower ping why i am getting those connectivity signs.

Message 1 of 5 (1,965 Views)

Re: Apex Legends latency and packet loss

Community Manager

Hey, @TOC_Lucifer 

Which platform are you playing the game on? Based off both UO Traces it looks like halfway down your ping really starts to spike at hop 8/9 on broadband and 15 in the mobile hotspot trace.

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 5 (1,930 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm on PC Windows 10 pro and as you have already noticed the ping spikes in both the connections. I can't figure out why even on the broadband there is so much packet loss and latency issues that it causes to stutter. 

Message 3 of 5 (1,882 Views)

★★ Novice

No, I checked and the killer control centre is not installed on my pc. 

Message 5 of 5 (1,799 Views)