Re: Apex Legends lag/stutter issue on Xbox one

by dpounder2017

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@Redmattgameframerate is significantly higher on our Series S than on our Xbox One. I cannot say if crossplay is a factor since i have no way to test that theory, but I often have issues with and against people on other platforms.

Edit: By significantly higher, i mean it is 60fps and stays fps and never deviates or stutters. 

Message 171 of 231 (1,238 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Apex has become unplayable with this consistently annoying lag causing us to lose gunfights. It’s not on any single one of us, it has the do with respawn and the ability to run it on the old consoles such as xbox one. If it doesn’t get fixed soon Apex will be losing a lot of players from this

Message 172 of 231 (1,186 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@SammyD32600 I have ps4 and I decided to buy an xbox one to buy the ultimate game pass, and when playing apex legends on xbox one I thought the console was damaged, and thanks to this post I realized that it is the xbox one apex that is bad, in ps4 the game is going great and on xbox one in forums and social networks they mention that you must buy the next generation console, can I really play well on ps4 and to play apex on xbox it must be the last generation? I think that part of the fault is Microsoft and not only EA, I heard that they are lazy to optimize the games, and it happens with Red Dead Redemption 2 and gta v online has very low fps and looks laggy. sorry for my grammar since I speak Spanish, and I translated it with google.
Message 173 of 231 (1,155 Views)

★ Guide
@NENECRACKING Unfortunately its happening on PS5 as well. So that is a little odd that it is last gen for Microsoft and current gen for Sony.
Message 174 of 231 (1,133 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@illnastyone People there is good news about this problem that we have, and those of respawm established in Trello as "XBox One users encounters freezes inconsistently during gameplay" is under investigation since July 7 2 days ago, we will wait what happens in the next patches to see that they solve. This is good!

1 link: https://twitter.com/alphaINTEL/status/1413256299442229249
2 link: https://trello.com/b/ZVrHV38P/apex-tracker
Message 175 of 231 (1,039 Views)

★ Guide

Holy sh** ! We've actually done it after months. They saw restarting our console was not the issue 

Message 176 of 231 (981 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hopefully this is fixed It’s borderline unplayable at the moment constant stutters mid fight and server disconnects along with getting missing teammates the bugs are endless if they don’t fix il just play something else I love the game but I won’t try play the game in it’s current state.

Message 177 of 231 (902 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have tried everything available online, friends abroad, Romanian hackers... you name it and i get the same result as you are having. And most annoyingly, during fights!! 

I'd say apex chew more than it could bite by opening the game as crossplatform with some servers such as the one in Virginia and NC. And am bases in North SouthAmerica with a 200mbps Internet connection and with both wired and wireless it's of no use. Same outcome. My brother, who resides in MA has no problems at all. Whereas with other Southern players such as LU and FL are having issues and not to mention us, Latin-American market which is just a tag on their folders.

It's a real big shame for the game experience WAS neat and I now rely on Overwartch instead which is still running nicely and smoothly. 

I'd rather have it back as it was before being cross-platform.

Message 178 of 231 (824 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@TheHanxMaxit was running ok like a few weeks back for me thats europe servers now every server is bad and they need to address it i get the random iffy server where your lagging about and everything slow mo this is every game stutters and same its every game no fixes work its not my internet im on fibre 400mbps like 8 ping lol

Message 179 of 231 (816 Views)

★★ Novice

It happens to me every time I get in a close fight. Lose a lot of fights that way. Happened to my buddy and then he got a series x and it stopped. I have a one s. It's been near impossible to snag a series x online without paying scalper prices.

This problem has been going on for months as of today, July 28. I'm confident this will never be fixed and same situation where Apple got in trouble for updates causing older model phones to not work properly. Will keep trying for a series x but that's clearly the only solution for Xbox Apex gameplay

Message 180 of 231 (657 Views)