Re: Apex Legends lag/stutter issue on Xbox one

by illnastyone

Original Post

★ Guide

The only "lag spikes" I ever get were on Xbox One and it was due to hardware restraints, not my internet. Found that out after far too many tests, resets, clears and uninstalls.

Message 141 of 231 (1,002 Views)

★ Guide
@ANG3LxOFxDEATH7 That link says Xbox One... The guy in the comment does say it happened to him on PS5 though.
Message 142 of 231 (998 Views)

★★ Apprentice

So frustrating this isn’t being looked in to.  There are so many posts on Reddit talking about the same issues.  

it isn’t a connectivity issue.

Message 143 of 231 (975 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@ANG3LxOFxDEATH7 Thank you for sharing this video. It was exactly why I started this thread. This exact lag/stutter happens every game, multiple times a game, especially during gun fights (obviously not ideal). I've seen that this has been happening for some people for a long time, but I think a lot of us this started happening a lot after the launch of season 9.
Message 144 of 231 (956 Views)

Community Manager

Thanks for all the feedback, everyone. I've passed this information on to the appropriate teams. I really don't know if/when I'll have some news on this, but the issue has been reported.

Aljo.png
Message 145 of 231 (943 Views)

★ Guide
@EA_Aljo thanks for the feedback my man
Message 146 of 231 (936 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Thanks @EA_Aljo .  Good to know it has been reported at least.

Message 147 of 231 (926 Views)

★★ Pro
@EA_Aljo Thanks for the offer but I don't really need the troubleshooting tips as I rely on the internet speed test (download , upload,multiplayer etc) on my Xbox One,PS4 & PS5 before attempting to play any online multiplayer games like Apex,Fortnite,COD,Rocket League,Dead by Daylight etc.I also check the server status on regularly (before playing Apex) on Apexlegendstatus.com.It's kind of poignant that of all the multiplayer games I play Apex for me seem to have the worst performing servers of the lot.I've been a regular Apex player since Season 1 started but Season 6 was when game server issues was more & more apparent & hey-ho 3 Seasons later the servers are just as bad or probably worse.I certainly agree with other players that have commented about Cross-Play affecting the servers.A lot of my mates were regular Apex players up until Season 7 but like me kept suffering server issues where the game became pretty much became unplayable on a regular basis. Most of them ended up deleting the game moving onto something else.I still have a a few mates that try & play the game every now & then & like me hold on to the faint hope of things improving (probably through blind loyalty) as we all pretty much agree that on its day Apex has always been one of the best online shooters.If I'm honest having not been able to play the game properly for over 4 weeks now (& the lag spikes that occur regularly on low ping games)my gut tells me we'll all be having the same discussions about servers issuea over the next few seasons.
Message 148 of 231 (844 Views)

Community Manager

@Redmattgame 

Speed isn't really the issue though. There are many other reasons a connection can have problems so relying on a speed test most definitely isn't recommended. It's sort of like taking a racecar on a road full of potholes. Sure, the car is fast, but you need a flat road to use all that speed. Regardless, as I previously said, I've reported this issue so we'll have to see what happens.

Aljo.png
Message 149 of 231 (824 Views)

★★ Pro
@illnastyone If your referring to my comment about performance issues on the PS5 I was merely commenting that even on the next gen consoles we are suffering effectively the same server performance issues like on the last gen consoles like Xbox One & PS4 .I was an Apex player on both Xbox One & PS4 since the start of Season 1 up until Season 8 & I certainly believe Cross-Play has affected server issues across the formats that just hasn't been rectified.Even though I stopped playing Apex on the PS4 in favour of the PS5 (when I got it 5+ weeks ago) I have tried playing Apex on the Xbox One whenever I have had performance/server issues on the PS5 & it is pretty much just as bad.
Message 150 of 231 (820 Views)