Re: Apex Legends lag/stutter issue on Xbox one

by illnastyone

Original Post

★ Guide
@snickertwix9 Here is the thing. I know this is wrong on all fronts for us the consumer, but from a business standpoint it would be taking A LOT of money out of their pockets to go back and optimize for a platform that will soon be phased out like the 360 was.

So to take the small blow back we are giving and being upset over is worth the financial risk of throwing money at a problem they hope will blow over soon the current gen takes over.

I may have a series s in my household but i sure don't get to play it haha. So i am stuck right there with everyone else suffering on Xbox One unfortunately.
Message 121 of 231 (754 Views)

★★★★ Novice

i'm also having the same lagg spike issues aswell, your help would be greatly appreciated !

Message 122 of 231 (719 Views)

★ Guide
@vM_Tilt good luck, I quit the game and glancing here for anyone resolving the issue
Message 123 of 231 (709 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@hggrreew1111 Yeah that's where i'm at aswell, the lagg spikes are so bad it makes my game play horrible and my skill level has gone down the drain cause of it. It's un-playable.
Message 124 of 231 (702 Views)

★★ Pro

I ditched playing Apex on my Xbox One about 2 months ago because the game servers were horrendous  most of the time.I bought a PS5 about 4 weeks ago & transferred all my PS4 data over to it but for 3 weeks Apex has been unplayable with Ping well over 100ms consistantly even though the Data Centre London was saying Ping at 20ms.I've been able to play a handful of games with seemingly low ping settings to start with only to be met with frequent lag spikes that fluctuate between 20s to 300ms.The high ping mostly seems to occur when several enemies appear on screen (the most infuriating time).Constantly having either my character freeze & the enemy freeze makes the game pretty much unplayable for me now.Season 9 has been the first season in which I haven't or wont purchase the battle pass because personally I don't have the stomach to grind out to Level 100 with the consistant server & lag spike issues that occur.

Message 125 of 231 (683 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hello, @vM_Tilt  @Redmattgame 

Are you playing on a wired or wireless connection? Also, have you gone through any troubleshooting yet? If so, what steps have been performed? Thank you!

Aljo.png
Message 126 of 231 (642 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@EA_AljoWired, I have reset the Mac, changed the DNS, and fully reset the Xbox and router. I can't do qos or firmware update cause my router/internet provider doesn't allow me to .

Message 127 of 231 (629 Views)

Community Manager

@vM_Tilt 

You may want to look into getting your own modem and router. That often provides for a much better connection and it gives you a lot more freedom with managing your router settings. Have you tried alternate DNS settings? If not, try these steps. From the Xbox One screen, go to Settings > Network > Advanced settings > DNS settings > Manual. (If Settings doesn't appear on the home screen, select My Games & Apps, then Settings). From there, enter the Primary DNS as "208.67.222.222" and the Secondary DNS as "208.67.220.220". If that doesn't help, try using the google DNS servers which are: primary alt number 8.8.8.8 - secondary alt number 8.8.4.4.

Aljo.png
Message 128 of 231 (620 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@EA_Aljo I have already changed DNS settings
Message 129 of 231 (617 Views)

Community Manager

@vM_Tilt 

Sorry about that. Do you have a PC by chance? If so let’s find out how your connection is reaching our servers. Can you run a UO Trace and screenshot the results? Instructions are here.

Aljo.png
Message 130 of 231 (608 Views)