Re: Apex Legends lag/stutter issue on Xbox one

by Jameschh90

Original Post

★★ Apprentice

Yes I did.

Changed DNS to manual and tried both primary/secondary’s you suggested.  Same issue with the prediction error constantly popping up around 15 seconds apart.

Many others are reporting the same thing.  Is this being investigated at all?

Message 61 of 231 (994 Views)

Community Manager

@Jameschh90 

Are you on a wired or wireless connection?

If we find any issues with the servers, they will be investigated. I'm not aware of any currently.

Aljo.png
Message 62 of 231 (987 Views)

★★★ Novice

I’ve trouble shoot with 2 different people I got a New modem / router and my internet company left for the 3rd time this week they just put a boost on my signal even though I’ve played apex on the some Xbox and equipment and location since day one . I recently did the dns I’ve tried multiple ones and no it didn’t not help still lags / stutters in game and many more people are having the same issues.  All new equipment like this is sad because I’ve played every day since day one hours upon hours a day and Since this started a week ago it hasn’t stopped and I don’t know what else to do Microsoft even gave me port forwarding numbers to give to my internet company and that still didn’t help like i don’t know what else to do I guess my apex career is over because no other game lags on my Xbox 

Message 63 of 231 (964 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@EA_Aljowired connection.  Like others I’m having no  issues with other games.  Last night the person I was playing with also on Xbox one was getting similar stutters.

Really do not think it is an issue with my connection and there are so many other similar reports.

Message 64 of 231 (953 Views)

Community Manager

@YOUNGN859 

Do you have a PC by chance? If so let’s find out how your connection is reaching our servers. Can you run a UO Trace and screenshot the results? Instructions are here.

@Jameschh90 

If you want to continue with troubleshooting, let me know.

Aljo.png
Message 65 of 231 (927 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Happy to continue with anything else you want me to, please let me know. Just saying I think there is a wider problem here which has been introduced given the number of reports.

Message 66 of 231 (913 Views)

Community Manager

@Jameschh90 

Great. We'll continue then. Can you run a UO Trace for me? This requires a wired PC on the same network you play on. If you have one, the instructions are here. I just need a screenshot of the results.

Aljo.png
Message 67 of 231 (905 Views)

★★★ Novice

No I don’t have a computer I’ve never needed one because my Xbox and games have always worked correctly until this apex incident started a week ago.  I play on st.Louis servers on apex it’s the lowest ping for me at an average of lower 30s with no packet loss which it’s been that for years 

Message 68 of 231 (888 Views)

Community Manager

@YOUNGN859 

Unfortunately, we can't rule out any connections with your network or find out where the problem is. Have you tried clearing your alternate MAC address yet? To do that, follow these steps:

Go to your Xbox One Settings (Just press Start, then click Settings)
Go to "Network", then "Advanced Network Settings"
Click on "Alternate MAC Address", and then click "Clear"

Let me know what happens. Thanks!

Aljo.png
Message 69 of 231 (879 Views)

★★★ Novice

Now that’s one thing I haven’t done I’ll try that when I get home I’ll let you know thank you 

Message 70 of 231 (875 Views)