Apex Legends lag/stutter issue on Xbox one

by thedowney11

Original Post

Apex Legends lag/stutter issue on Xbox one

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Since season 9 launch the game has been pretty unplayable. I am getting massive amounts of lag/stutter spikes mid game. It almost always happens during a fight but will also happen if I am just running across map doing slide jumps. It is obviously causing me to lose a lot of fights. Every season has worked fine for me up till this point. Any suggestions on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated?

Message 1 of 231 (19,552 Views)

Re: Apex Legends lag/stutter issue on Xbox one

Community Manager

Hi there, @thedowney11.

Let's see if we can find out why this is happening. First, do you play on a wired or wireless connection? Also, has it been a while since you power cycled your equipment? If so, try doing it now with these steps: unplug your modem, router and console. After 2 minutes plug in the modem and router. Let them come back online completely. Then plug in your console and start it up. Let me know if that helps or not. Thanks!

Aljo.png
Message 2 of 231 (19,501 Views)

Message 3 of 231 (19,492 Views)

Community Manager

@hggrreew1111 

Can you try those power cycling steps I mentioned? Thanks!

Aljo.png
Message 4 of 231 (19,485 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Yes seems similar to this! I get zero lag/stutters when I am in the firing range. Once I am in a match it is terrible. Gets worse (happens more often) when I encounter another team.

Message 5 of 231 (19,478 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Yes I will try to do this tonight when I am home.

Message 6 of 231 (19,477 Views)

Community Manager

@thedowney11 

Sounds good. Just get back to me when you can. Thanks!

Aljo.png
Message 7 of 231 (19,459 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Power cycle did not work. Actually felt even worse tonight. Any other suggestions?

Message 8 of 231 (19,426 Views)

★ Guide
@EA_Aljo I tried and it doesn't seem to make a difference. I tried switching DNS settings with 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 as secondary, didn't change anything, switched servers, didn't change anything sadly
Message 9 of 231 (19,400 Views)

★ Guide
@thedowney11 Same, I think we are screwed on console sadly the good days were before the crossplay merge
Message 10 of 231 (19,398 Views)