Re: Apex Legends keeps crashing without error.

by Jedasilva

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

Well Hey!

I may have a quick fix for some of ya'll!

Well, I was using MSI Afterburner to overclock my graphics card and my game would crash like every 15 till 20 minutes, but when I turned it of I haven't crashed since.

So maybe this will help!

Message 11 of 47 (11,112 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Did this and much more and still can't complete one game. I dont even have enough time to die. Not playing this * until they fix it, because its not me. Stupid * EA can't even release a game that runs properly. 

Message 12 of 47 (11,099 Views)

★★ Novice

This is so frustrating! I get constant crashes not just game crashes but full PC lock ups, Apex is the only game or program this happens with.  Sometimes I play out a game fine and others it will crash before I've even landed, it is random but almost every game I play it will happen at some time.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstall origin and the game itself (separate times) as well as updating drivers and rolling back to old drivers, I've changed all my settings to low and tried windowed mode etc etc, 

Every 'fix' on the internet and forums I have tried and nothing works.

Specs are ryzen 2700x on aurous x470 gaming 7 board

With gtx 1080 as well as ample storage and cooling.

I hope to God they fix this and if anyone has any other ideas please feel free to share them! 

Message 13 of 47 (10,439 Views)

★★ Novice

So I seemed to fix my issue yesterday, played for a good 6 or so hours without a single crash. I had my cpu clocked to 4.2ghz on all cores, so I decided to reset it back to stock and this seemed to work.

If anyone else having issues has overclocked parts I would recommend resetting it to factory and giving that a go.

It worked for me. 

If you are still running stock then I'm sorry I have no idea how to help.

Message 14 of 47 (9,016 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Game is nearly unplayable for me, crashes constantly while in game at any point has happened past the 15 min mark at least 4 times now

Message 15 of 47 (8,944 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I found a fix for myself

Go to origin options, and pretty much close all of the Origins's net connections (Disabled origin in-game, disabled all notifications, disabled cloud save, disabled Share system interaction data, and disable all of the origin updates stuff)

Hope it will fix it for you guys aswell! Standard smile
Message 16 of 47 (8,928 Views)

★★★★ Novice

So I found that on my work laptop, 1060, i7 etc..

All I needed to do with go to game properties on the origin launcher and disable this (attached) and the game ran fine.

This was specifically for the game not launching at all.

Message 17 of 47 (8,837 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This method doesn't work. I had just tried it and i still get the same result.

Message 18 of 47 (8,467 Views)

★★ Novice

Hey y'all, I had the same issue with it crashing after loading screen without error. I got mine fixed by a simple reinstall of origin. If you have Origin installed on a separate drive from OS and do a reinstall of OS without reinstalling Origin too, then the game won't work. So just go to the origin folder on separate drive and delete it. Then just simply reinstall origin to that same folder.

Message 19 of 47 (8,356 Views)

EA DICE Team
Hey everyone,  make sure that all drivers for windows and your gpu drivers are up to date. 

You can also try to do a clean boot to see if there any programs messing with Apex and turn off any overlay programs for example Discord or Nvidia experience.

Try running a CCleaner to remove old temp files and cache.

Can you upload a dxdiag so we can see what drivers and hardware you have. Standard smile 

Let me know if this works or not for you. Standard smile

/Atic
Message 20 of 47 (8,190 Views)