Re: Apex Legends keeps crashing my pc when launched

by FrostyFPS

Original Post

★★★ Novice

so according to user benchmark I'm unsure about these results, I have never seen anything like this before on my old pc and unsure how to move forward as it seems it is not recognizing my GPU

Message 11 of 23 (1,885 Views)

Community Manager
@Ryan_Rockstar000 Can you try simple resitting the GPU (physically removing and re-slotting it into your motherboard) and see if it will recognize it? If not can you try reinstalling its drivers?

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 12 of 23 (7,857 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EA_Illium I have tried this, also with a different GPU I installed a Nivida GPU and it crashed instantly I've also tested this on paladins and I got the same effect where it crashed my whole PC again. also while putting my OG GPU in it wasn't seen by user benchmark but 3d Mark saw it and tested it
Message 13 of 23 (1,833 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Ryan_Rockstar000 i’ve also had an issue where i’m able to open the game (super choppy - unplayable) without any crashes, but if i reset my hosts file within Windows, my game runs fine and connects to a match fine - then after about 5 mins my pc hangs. not sure why and it happens every single time. i have tested the issue more than 10 times.
Message 14 of 23 (1,820 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EA_Illium Sorry for a very late reply, but I have figured out what the problem turned out it was the motherboard drivers the Asus rog Strix 550 had a problem with its own software for updates. As I took it to a pc repair shop they fixed the problem for me it has been a while since then I forgot the exact problem or how they did it. I believe they might have flashed the bios and redid everything for all the drivers and it runs perfectly as it can get. and the only issues I get are common connecting studders from time to time in competitive but that's because of server connections stuff. In conclusion, reinstall everything as a last resort to fix pc, this fix also help fixed my other games from crashing as I've stated in the past, and again sorry for a late reply school was a priority for a while thank you guys so much for the help Standard smile
Message 15 of 23 (1,766 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Did you ever fix it I have same issues 

Message 16 of 23 (1,757 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

hello, i got banned client .i never play hack but i got banned i want to you check my  account .Yesterday morning i play normally and when at night i play rank 1 to 3times when i pressed it again, it popped up say The client game account has been banned , i want to you check please

my id [edit: email address removed] ( i play through platform steam link ) pls check my id or my HWID

i hope i will find an answer  Regarding the matter i received and would like to do justice to this review

From a fan of games 

Message 17 of 23 (1,693 Views)

★★★ Newbie

You need to contact EA support about stuff like that

Message 18 of 23 (1,459 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hey,

Funny enough I have a similar setup and similar issue. My b550 Strix and ryzen 7 5800x crash at apex boot up every time. All other games work fine. When it boots down, it would indicate a red light on the motherboard saying it was a CPU issue. Just bought a new H100i elite cooler thinking that would help the cpu but it still has the issue.

I have swapped out my GPUs to see if that was the issue and even reinstalled it all on a separate SSD.

If you have any more details about the bios and driver update/reset, please let me know! Thanks

B550 Strix ASUS

3070 TUF

Ryzen 5800x

16 3600mhz Vengence Ram

H100i Elite Capellix AIO

Message 19 of 23 (1,304 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Ryan_Rockstar000 Please if you can go into more detail about the bio fix! thanks
Message 20 of 23 (1,324 Views)