Apex Legends is not using my GPU

by FullOnGritz

Original Post

Apex Legends is not using my GPU

★★★★★ Newbie

The game will not run on my NVIDIA GPU even when I tell the program to run on it in the NVIDIA control panel. I've had this issue with other launchers before where the game uses the same processor as the launcher for whatever reason but in this case I cannot change Origin to also run on my NVIDIA GPU (It forces me to use integrated graphics) so I have not been able to try that here either. My drivers are up to date and it should be compatible. Has Anyone found a way to fix this?

Message 1 of 12 (36,672 Views)

Re: Apex Legends is not using my GPU

★★★ Newbie

EA sports bruh they beta males i really wanna play but they use my integrated graphics card. I even set my textures all the way to roblox blocky and still runs abd they should do something or make an option where you can switch in game.

Message 2 of 12 (36,136 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
I think this should fix your and bapemaskgod's problem.
https://youtu.be/R1hOjwOwxmA
Message 3 of 12 (36,029 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Had the same problem. I fixed by right clicking on the apex legends shortcut and pressing run with graphics processor and then clicked on high performance. Hope this helps. Sorry if not

Message 4 of 12 (35,979 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Try going to the Geforce Experience app and reinstalling the last driver. I had the same problem with Apex not using my graphics card and it worked for me.

Message 5 of 12 (35,909 Views)

★★★ Newbie
i have same problem but i have amd 540 any solutions
Message 6 of 12 (35,104 Views)

★ Pro
try disable intel hd in the bios
Message 7 of 12 (35,013 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My experience

Step 1: Okay, for some reason Origin CLient does not allow you to change it to nVidia, if you have integrated GPU, and it forces gthe game through integrated regardless of the manually set setting and regardless of mannually chosen right-click run option on the game .exe

Step 2: It finally ran on nVidia GPU after reboot

Step 3: Apex told me that my GPU should be destroyed (see the attached screenshot for proof)

Party hat

Message 8 of 12 (34,485 Views)

★★★ Newbie

If you do so the game just wont open ... I tried that before

Message 9 of 12 (28,172 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@FullOnGritz go back to windows (leave the game)

nvidia control panel -> Manage 3D settings -> tab "Program Settings" -> add apex legends as a new game -> go to "OpenGL Rendering GPU" and change from "Auto-select" to your dedicated GPU.

launch the game
Message 10 of 12 (24,296 Views)