Re: Apex Legends is dying and here is why...

by iWasWatto

Original Post

Apex Legends is dying and here is why...

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Aight ima rant for a bit about apex because this game is about to die. and i just want to know are the devs doing anything to stop it or just pushing it over the edge. I have 2.9k hours in the games so my view is very much justified with a wealth of experience in this 'game'

Specs:

GPU: 2070s

CPU: Ryzen 3700x

RAM: 32gb @ 3200mhz

anything else spec wise is irrelevant 

since the release of season 10 the game has just steadily gone down in quality and playability.

Cross platform issues:

First let me talk about controller and console players. But primarily console players because that is more of a problem than anything else. Console players are so easily identifiable in game because they are lagging everywhere. you try and track them across your screen and they just teleport in and out of your screen like their character model is a powerpoint slideshow. And before you say 'its your net' it just isnt. I have FTTP 1gb net with 29ms of ping so that isnt the problem. But its only for console player and i'm certain its because their system spec of what ever console they are running cannot keep up with the sever that is designed for PC usage. and not cross play. So the server will slow down so that the physic etc will remain stable resulting in the character model and their inputs to be jittering and lagging everywhere its horrible and just unshootable. next is the aim assist of both plat forms. IVE USED BOTH INPUTS. and controller is just insane the amount of aim assist that you get. Im a seasoned MnK user and for 1 day i used controller and yes at the start i was horrible doing 300-400 damage then dying. after a day i was doing 1700-2000 minimum each game. i just move the reticle over the play and the game does the rest.

Sound issues:

next is the sound in this game. and boy oh boy where do we even start with this. It has never been good. and i don't care what they say they have done to 'fix' the sound issues they are just plain lying through their teeth. If i stand still in game i can hear ghost sounds of people logging into replicators, you hear the octane land behind you, your hear a revive go off you can literally hear someone charge up the rampage from 200m away like its nothing yet i cant hear someone run up behind me with a pk and shoot me in the back. the falling sounds when someone dies in game and the box just starts blasting your ears. that straight up hurts your ears. the res ships are silent. before that they were also invisible which i cant even begin to understand how they could even manage that to happen.

Server issues:

The servers at the moment are just disgusting. Its almost criminal how bad they are. people are investing time, money and effort into your game and the servers you supply are so bad its unbelievable. what I'm talking about is the subtle lag you get when playing. It's not much but its constant it doesn't go away. and this doesn't just happen to me its happening to all of the people that i play with. you will be running along and you will speed up and slow down. stutter, teleport have to reload your weapon 2 times in a row to reload. how can you go so wrong Respawn? this game has so much potential to be good but that doesn't matter to them its all about money. why do you think the new skins in the theatrical event are just pure scams. the servers have been broken since s10 and nothing has been done and they have been broken before that in previous seasons but people just say oh well and keep playing and it just gets swept under the carpet. but this is to bring to light how rubbish this game really is now. Dont get me wrong ive put nearly 3000 hours into this game and it has been awesome, but this is just horrible you cant play anymore with out an issue in every game that you do play. And the funny thing is if there is an issue with the store or any other money related income sources for this game they are fixed instantly by the end of the hour in most cases but when it comes to user experience it takes literally weeks for them to even acknowledge the problem. Every time there is a patch in this game or the mid season update comes around they break something. Ive done some coding in my time and game development, what the F are you actually doing so that every time that you release an update you completely break the server. I think you have hired some very, very sub par developers to help with the game and im sorry but thats just not good enough. you are losing your player base SOOOOOOO fast your dont even realise it yet. most of the people that i used to play with have gone to other games. pros are changing games, entire regions are stopping playing because the game is so bad right now.

Lack of new content (mid season and new season releases):

Your events are just money scams, there are not mid season game modes to come out any more. Respawn is not putting in any effort. and i dont care who you are we have all heard of the saying. you get out what you put in. and respawn is doing, NOTHING. so the game is dying and lets be honest, everyone knows it, they know it, but they dont care. so why should we. the game is doomed and i dont see it going past s11

rant over, this probably isnt going to get posted because the sight admin will probs just take it down, too hard of a pill to for even their support team to swallow.

Message 1 of 6 (2,885 Views)

★★ Expert

Great post but for the love of God, please, format it, so it's actually readable.

Message 2 of 6 (2,801 Views)

★★★ Newbie

IOW - it'd be great if everyone was sucked into your post so much to read that wall of words but if you make it a bit easier to grab the points, more might see it.

Message 3 of 6 (2,756 Views)

★★ Novice
@PsyhiX69 eh ive never made a post so dont really know what you mean by format as in like paragraphs
Message 4 of 6 (2,701 Views)

★★ Novice
@PrincessLilPitls fixed it.
Message 5 of 6 (2,699 Views)

★★★ Newbie

3 seasons later and the player base is even better, EA finnaly did something 

Wow I'm suprised

Message 6 of 6 (1,899 Views)