Re: Apex Legends goes fullscreen, but my mouse will leave and go to second monit

by EA_Kent

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Apex Legends goes fullscreen, but my mouse will leave and go to second monitor

★ Novice

Yeah, so I haven't changed any hardware or software from the last time I played Apex Legends, but now its absolutely impossible to play as, no matter what fix I've tried Apex will not take control of the mouse in full screen. Essentially, I can change and can see a difference between full screen, borderless and windowed , and it does seem like it puts the game into said aspects but even in full screen, the game does not limit the mouse from the other screen, meaning as I flick toward my second monitor, it can actually go on the second monitor resulting in me clicking on the second screen and closing apex (obviously because I've attempted to put it into full screen). 

Before we ask, yes I've tried all of the forcing full screen options and NVidia control panel options that other post have suggested. Yes I've tried to uninstall and reinstall the game, and none of that has worked. 

My PC specs are 

Ryzen 5 3600x
MSI RTX 3070 8gb 

if you need to know anything else let me know, this is super annoying as it makes the game literally unplayable ( no I'm not having issues like this in any other game I play) 

Message 1 of 6 (6,354 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Apex Legends goes fullscreen, but my mouse will leave and go to second monit

Community Manager

@iCyEvolutionTTV 

Gotcha, thanks! What happens if you start up your PC in a Clean Boot before you launch the game? If there is something else running that might be causing issues with the mouse cursor that may help to get around it. 

For more information on how to set one up check out the EA Help website. Once you've had the chance to give that a shot let me know how it goes. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (6,218 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

Community Manager

Hey @iCyEvolutionTTV

Do you have any overlays running when you're playing Apex Legends? If so, can you try disabling them to test and see if that helps at all? I've seen some cases where overlays can cause some issues with window focus, so I'm curious if that might be happening in this case as well. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 6 (6,311 Views)

★ Novice

I've disabled all of the overlays

Message 3 of 6 (6,291 Views)

Community Manager

@iCyEvolutionTTV 

Gotcha, thanks! What happens if you start up your PC in a Clean Boot before you launch the game? If there is something else running that might be causing issues with the mouse cursor that may help to get around it. 

For more information on how to set one up check out the EA Help website. Once you've had the chance to give that a shot let me know how it goes. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 4 of 6 (6,219 Views)

★★★ Newbie

yeah, as anither guys said for me it was the discord overlay.

Message 5 of 6 (4,485 Views)

Community Manager

Hey all,

Since this is an older post that was inactive for a couple years I am going to lock it to prevent necro-posting. 

If you need some help with a similar issue please feel free to create a new thread. Thanks! 

Kent.png
Message 6 of 6 (4,456 Views)