Re: Apex Legends freezing after every win

by Eoypsille

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Apex Legends freezing after every win

★★★★★ Novice

Starting early this morning (about 1:00 am CDT) Apex Legends has started to freeze indefinitely after each and every victory. My team will be displayed standing beside each other, then right before I get to see my team's stats, the game will freeze and a Windows "not responding" pop up will appear.

I've had 5 victories since then and each one has followed this same pattern. I don't have video of it, but I snagged a screenshot.

https://i.imgur.com/IKj5LiX.png

Message 1 of 8 (505 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

@Eoypsille 

Are you able to avoid the freezes by optimizing the game through GeForce Experience or playing in Borderless Window?

Blueberry.png

View in thread

Message 8 of 8 (334 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey, @Eoypsille 

I see a Clonehero.exe error in your DxDiag, which seems to be a rhythm game that can be played with a guitar controller. Do you have a controller/device attached to the PC when this is happening? Some devices can cause compatibility issues with games.

Have you tried repairing the game or reinstalling it since this started happening?

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 8 (454 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

The guitar controller was not connected when I was playing Apex and experienced the freezing.

I have repaired the game since then and will check to see if I still get the freezing soon.

Message 3 of 8 (443 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I've played some after reinstalling the game and I'm getting another error now: 0x887A0006 DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG

When season 2 started I started getting this error within 20 seconds of opening the game. I found switching to borderless windowed made the freezing stop, but now not even that fixes the issue.

Message 4 of 8 (427 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@Eoypsille Update Windows
Message 5 of 8 (406 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I fixed the DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG error, but I am still getting freezes on victories. 

My Clone Hero controller isn't plugged in, and I've recently updated Windows

Message 6 of 8 (377 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I noticed something else. If I alt-tab when I see the screen say "You are the Champion", then I don't get a freeze. I'm still getting freezes and Windows "Not Responding" errors, but for now this is at least as temporary workaround.

Message 7 of 8 (356 Views)

Community Manager

@Eoypsille 

Are you able to avoid the freezes by optimizing the game through GeForce Experience or playing in Borderless Window?

Blueberry.png
Message 8 of 8 (335 Views)