Apex Legends freezes before i get to choose character

by Vaisku

Original Post

Apex Legends freezes before i get to choose character

★★★ Newbie

My Game keeps freezing when i try to go in a match. I've tried fixing the files but it still keeps crashing. Before the character choosing screen, it just freezes at the countdown and nothing happens. I gotta close it from task manager, otherwise it wont close. Pls fix.

Message 1 of 20 (8,706 Views)

Re: Apex Legends freezes before i get to choose character

Community Manager

@Vaisku 

Hi there! Is it still crashing on you when you go into a match? 

What steps have you tried so far and can you upload a DxDiag report for us?

How to Pull a DxDiag

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

PC Troubleshooting

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/pc-graphics-troubleshooting/

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 20 (8,656 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yeah man I've been having this issue for a long time my game freezes at random point from legends selection to champion squad, Like it can freeze at any point. I don't know how to solve this and I cant play this game please any solution !!

Message 3 of 20 (8,280 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

What have you tried already? My game hasn't crashed in a long time. For me i stopped playing at the start of the new season and updated my processor. I also installed windows again and installed Apex again aswell. After that my game hasn't crashed, but i dont know which of them really solved it. I started playing Apex again recently and have not had this problem since. I suggest you try deleting all the files and downloading the game again first f you haven't done it already. If that doesn't work let me know

Message 4 of 20 (8,270 Views)

Community Manager

@Vaisku 

Thanks for coming back with information on what worked for you.

@Xortox_ahmedk 

Hope that helps you out as well. We've actually seen a lot of positive results after players reinstall Windows 10 and/or update their BIOS.

Blueberry.png
Message 5 of 20 (8,263 Views)

★★★ Newbie

same here, sometimes it freezes in the middle off choosing caracters.. need to close on task cuz game doesnt respond, plz fix it

Message 6 of 20 (8,045 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i fixed mine by uninstalling my anti virus 

Message 7 of 20 (7,029 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I got my game freezes too one too many times just when the screen transitions to character selection. It annoys me I have to get -25 ranked points penalty every time it happened.
I attached my DxDiag file with this reply.

I repaired, reinstalled the game and basically following lots of troubleshooting step on the guides. (cap the frame rates, setting easy anti-cheat priority to low, no overclocking, disabling overlays, troubleshoot compatibility before starting, reducing VRAM usage, reinstall the game to different physical hard drive, etc)

Message 8 of 20 (7,012 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I have this same problem,  not constantly but randomly, every once in a while the game will freeze on the character select. ive tried repairing but not sure if it worked or not

Message 9 of 20 (6,454 Views)

★★ Novice

still no fix? this is annoying. also when i open task manager to close the game, its showing 4500 MB of memory being used. i'm sure that's no supposed to happen 

Message 10 of 20 (6,211 Views)