Re: Apex Legends (engine error)CreateTexture2D failed for Gfx_TextureAssets_Resi

by Hassta

Original Post

Apex Legends (engine error)CreateTexture2D failed for Gfx_TextureAssets_Resiz...

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Keep getting this error mid way through every game I've played and I'm unable to run in full-screen or border-less. I've tried updating, uninstall and reinstall and repairing the game. can anyone help me??? 

Message 1 of 16 (59,578 Views)

Re: Apex Legends (engine error) haven't been able to play 1 game with out this e

Hero

Hi @seefreezzy and welcome to Answers HQ!

Step 1 should always be trying to repair the game in Origin:

If that doesn't work I would attach a dxdiagfile to your thread so people have a better chance of helping you:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information

carbonic signature

Message 2 of 16 (59,490 Views)

Re: Apex Legends (engine error) haven't been able to play 1 game with out this e

★★ Novice

Me too, exactly same error. Frown

Message 3 of 16 (57,592 Views)

Re: Apex Legends (engine error)CreateTexture2D failed for Gfx_TextureAssets_Resi

★★★ Newbie

Did you solve this problem?

Message 4 of 16 (57,533 Views)

★ Novice

hi! first thanks for this game !!!!
al was good but after the last patch (13/02/2019), my game have the same problem than the fisrt post.

i just want know if you have find something.
keep going its a very good game!

Message 5 of 16 (57,431 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@seefreezzy @Carbonic @circlepit73 @ROTEBALPNH @General_Valac 

I had same problem after updating nvidia driver and i was blaming it but... even if i rolled back to old 399.24 driver (last best driver) i still had error or BSOD. So i checked what exacly this error means (couse its known error sience 2007) heres what i found:

An HRESULT has three parts: some flags, a "facility" and the error code.

0x8007000e

• 8: Error
  • 7: FACILITY_WIN32: ie. this is a Windows error.
  • E: or 14: ERROR_OUTOFMEMORY

So you process or system is overloaded. 

Did you turn off system virtual memory? I did. So turn it on agien. This is how u do that:

https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq/how-to-manage-virtual-memory-pagefile-in-windows-10.2496510/

Message 6 of 16 (57,061 Views)

★ Novice

Dude... i got this error too... multiple Times a day. And my setup is Running on a Z370 Maximus Pro on a 5 ghz with 32gb ram + a 2080ti... i dont think this Game can overload my setup 😂 i also have the fullscreen error (on multiple Games & that Gomes from NVIDIA driver *) But that Game Crash Engine error Must be an Developer Problem. Like some textures think to Need 25gb of my graphiccard 😂 guess there is a bug somehwere and they still try to fix it 

Message 7 of 16 (56,798 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This was happening to me (createtexture) error, however I had my page file turned off because of SSD life. Turned it back on and no crashes since. If your page file is off, try turning it on again. I used system managed size.

Message 8 of 16 (56,675 Views)

★ Novice

You are right, all because of the paging file, and the game does not want to work without it. It also stands on the SSD so it was turned off. I had to turn on and even put as much as 30GB, because after about 2 hours of play, it is filled with 20GB. While the RAM and the VRAM game is quite a bit.

Message 9 of 16 (56,255 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you, this solved my crashed. It was all the page file after all. Now that I let windows manage it, uses around 9gb with this game, couldn't say I feel confortable with but, well, I guess it couldn't harm the SSD, am I right?

Message 10 of 16 (53,851 Views)