Re: Apex Legends download losing progress

by kepler768

Original Post

Apex Legends download losing progress

★★ Novice

So i'v been trying to download Apex Legends for at least 2 days now and so far have made no progress. When ever i start to download the game it goes fine until i gets to about 3-4 GB installed, it will then lose all that progress and go down to 1-2 GB installed. i have no idea whats happening and have been looking at as many of the possible solutions but none have helped me. I don't believe it is a network or port forwarding issue as i have downloaded the game on a different computer in my house and had no issues.

So Far i have

Reinstalled Origin, Run Beta Clients, Safe Mode Download, Cleared Caches, Changed the EACore.ini "[connection] EnvironmentName=production [Feature] CdnOverride=akamai", Changed Firewall settings. I'v done many combinations of these together and none of these changed anything and it would do the exact same thing

Tried putting an already completed download of Apex and tried locating it in the games folder. It found it and started Repairing instead of downloading. It started repairing from around 1GB and go to 3-4 GB and again would start doing the progress loss again. It did start adding a few STAGED files in that completed folder after 2-3 hours.

If there is anything i have missed or if there is an error in one of the STAGED files i have no clue what i have to do to fix it.

I will also update what has/has not worked as they come to me

(Image of what files where there when it was at around 4 GB)
STAGED files in download

Message 1 of 12 (1,569 Views)

Community Manager

Sorry to hear that you are having issues @AbC2846a1830511.

Can you try using Safe Mode Downloading which you can enable via the Origin settings. you will find the option under Application Settings, Advanced.

Let me know if it helps.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 12 (1,549 Views)

★★ Novice

No that was one of the first things i tried that it didn't work.

Message 3 of 12 (1,543 Views)

Community Manager

Best thing to do in that case @AbC2846a1830511 is ensure that you have the ports for Origin open on your router.

You need to have the following ports open:

• TCP: 80; 443; 9960-9969; 1024-1124; 3216; 18000; 18120; 18060; 27900; 28910; 29900
  • UDP: 1024-1124; 18000; 29900

Let me know how you get on.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 12 (1,541 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have some problems also.But in apex legends season 2.Download size is 16 gb. After 39% playable it's showing 10gb download and starting from 0%.That is fine because it's 10gb.But when I am starting to download 10gb no matter how much the download is 90%,20%,95% after I turn off pc it's coming back to 0%.I and restarted my pc and try everything.I am stuck in this situation for 10 days help.

Message 5 of 12 (1,490 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @kepler768 try opening the ports I posted above to see if it makes a difference.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 6 of 12 (1,482 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

I have started downloading it from beginning.It will take some time let me see

Message 7 of 12 (1,470 Views)

★★★ Novice

How to open ports.

Message 8 of 12 (1,451 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @kepler768 you open the ports on your router. You should be able to find guides online to walk you through opening them or your ISP will be able to assist you in doing it.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 9 of 12 (1,435 Views)

★★★ Novice

Doesn't work 

Message 10 of 12 (1,420 Views)