Apex Legends doesn't launch on Steam

by armoflame

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Apex Legends doesn't launch on Steam

★★★ Newbie

Apex Legends doesn't start on steam. Everytime I press on "Start Game". It loads up the first-time setup, shows the Easy Anti-Cheat screen loading, and then doesn't start the game. Game shows as "Running" and the Steam icon shows to Stop the game, but it never actually pops up or starts, I can't even click on Stop to stop the game, I have to force close out of steam to stop it.

Message 1 of 8 (13,283 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Apex Legends doesn't launch on Steam

Community Manager

Hey @armoflame

It sounds like there might be something blocking the game from starting up correctly. Have you had the chance to try starting up your PC in a Clean Boot to see if that helps at all? If there is something else running on the PC that's not allowing the game to launch that may help get around it. 

For more information on how to set one up check out the EA Help website. Let me know if you're still having any trouble with the game not starting after that. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 8 (13,220 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @armoflame

It sounds like there might be something blocking the game from starting up correctly. Have you had the chance to try starting up your PC in a Clean Boot to see if that helps at all? If there is something else running on the PC that's not allowing the game to launch that may help get around it. 

For more information on how to set one up check out the EA Help website. Let me know if you're still having any trouble with the game not starting after that. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 8 (13,221 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Kent I have same like this problem too on my pc

I launch Steam , then I launch the game, the "EasyAntiCheat" loading starts, finishes, but then nothing. The game won't launch.
and here's what I tried:
1) Reinstalling Steam

2) Repairing the game

3) Repairing through the "EasyAntiCheat.exe" app

4) Making the app an exception in "Firewall"

5) Updating every driver that could be updated (Including GPU)

6) Switching it to Origin

7) Reinstalling it

And still nothing. I really need help, please can anyone tell me what to do ? By the way I use win10

Message 3 of 8 (6,079 Views)

★ Novice
@TheAmefan Same issue here
Message 4 of 8 (5,893 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@EA_Kent  Why are we pretending it's not the exact same issue everyone else in the megathread is having whereby EAC is absolutely borked and won't let people into the game since the latest update?

Message 5 of 8 (5,857 Views)

★ Novice
@Shifty54321 What Megathread? Link pls
Message 6 of 8 (5,783 Views)

Message 7 of 8 (5,718 Views)

Community Manager

@Shifty54321 wrote:

@EA_Kent  Why are we pretending it's not the exact same issue everyone else in the megathread is having whereby EAC is absolutely borked and won't let people into the game since the latest update?

Likely because his post was back in 2020 and this thread appears to have been necro'd. Standard smile

Thanks for linking the more recent thread on the subject, please keep an eye out there for any updates as we have them folks!

Locking this thread here to avoid other necroposting.

Mako.png
Message 8 of 8 (5,632 Views)