Apex Legends crashing without error or with referenced memory error

by Sir_Tibble

Original Post

Apex Legends crashing without error or with referenced memory error

★★ Apprentice

Myself and 3 friends who are playing Apex Legends with very different setups have been experiencing constant crashing in the last few days.

Collectively we're using windows 7 and 10, using gtx 9 and 10 series cards and all switched between various nvidia driver versions.

I'm writing this fresh out of another disconnect, being the 2nd squad left and easily winning against the last man, I disconnected seconds before the end. On other occasions my friends have had the same.

The crashes don't seem to be at any common point and can happen at any point in the match.

Why are these crashes and errors so persistent and is there ANY fix for this?

Specs below:

CPU: i5 4670k 3.4GHz

GPU: GTX 1060 6GB

RAM: 20GB DDR3

GPU Driver: Geforce 417.71

***Side note: The driver is running this version based on a previous recommendation, these crashes persist with the 4 latest versions of the Geforce drivers for me and my friends.

I'm getting really disheartened by this because I think this is a phenomenal game, but it's getting to the point it's near unplayable.

Message 1 of 168 (27,653 Views)

Re: Apex Legends crashing without error or with referenced memory error

★★★★ Novice

Same here,the game just closes every time without giving me an error message. I just can't play the game,I am crashing in every second or even first game. This has to get fixed asap.

Message 2 of 168 (27,609 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I'm having the Same issues if anyone has any luck finding the fix let us know, Random game closes or with referenced memory errors.

Message 3 of 168 (27,525 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Here we are again, decided to play another game after a break after this initial post, first game went fine, second game again, ruined by a crash, this time application error, "the instruction at 0x00000000 referenced memory at 0x00000000. The memory could not be written."

Really starting to get annoying with how constant these crashes are.

Message 4 of 168 (27,507 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have the same issues, I have the newest drivers. My system I5 2500k, 8 GB Ram, and AMD R9280X. I play on low/medium details, usually it runs smotthly, but then suddenly I get a freeze in every second game.

Message 5 of 168 (27,495 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Same still having the issue seems pretty random having no luck locking this down.

Message 6 of 168 (27,470 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same.

happens seemingly at random, it seems to let me play a game or two if i play as soon as i launch it, but if i wait in the lobby and then play it crashes almost immediately.

i've tried updating drivers, checking windows file integrity, no luck.

im running on a budget build, but can still run at over 80 fps consistently.

i have an Sapphire R7 350 2GB GDDR5 and a 7th gen celeron G3930 with 4 GB of Ram.

no problem actually running the game, it runs smoothly, it's just these random crashes with the message "memory could not be read"

Message 7 of 168 (27,386 Views)

★★★ Novice

SAME ISSUE.

Message 8 of 168 (27,353 Views)

★★★ Novice

AGREED..

Message 9 of 168 (27,349 Views)

★★ Novice

Yeah same exact problem here, sometimes it lets me play for hours before it crashes, I thought it was a streaming issue so I turned everything off, everything is on lowest settings and still get these random crashes. FIrst game since Overwatch launch that everyone I know is playing this game and I really would like to stop getting this error soon as the action starts. 

Message 10 of 168 (27,329 Views)