Re: Apex Legends crashing without error or with referenced memory error

by ShadesSMH

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

My team just lost, bcs i got random crash without any reason. It's really frustrating. 20 minuntes in game then crash..

Message 11 of 168 (13,635 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

And still no official response, hope they fix it soon, i lowkey like this game since it reminds me of borderlands

Message 12 of 168 (13,617 Views)

★★ Apprentice

i might have a really bad solution , but i think the game has a lower chance to crash if u restart it after every game... altho this can be beyond anoying if you die early multiple times , not sure tho since i did crash in my first game after launching it , but it seems to be less likely but this is anecdotal evidence cant rely on it

Message 13 of 168 (13,518 Views)

★★★★ Novice

SO I had the same error before the game launches, worked on it for several hours to troubleshoot, it works now but that does not guarantee it will keep working

anyhow here are some of the steps you can take

1. Clear the game caches. https://help.ea.com/en-tr/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

2. Clean Boot. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

3. Re install Origin.

4. Re install The game

5. Check your gpu driver- re install if its needed.

6. For double graphic carded laptops-pcs 

These steps will vary from computer to computer, but the following is a good guide for how to get this done.

a. Right click on your desktop and select Graphics Properties. This will open the Intel Graphics and Media Control Panel.
b. Click on the 3D tab and set your 3D preference to Performance. Click Apply.
c. Now select the Power tab and set the Power Plans to Maximum Performance. If you sometimes perform with your laptop only running on battery, then select battery in the top right corner and also set it for Maximum Performance. Click Apply.
d. Close the Intel Graphics Control Panel and right click on the desktop again. This time select the control panel for your dedicated GPU
e. For NVIDIA cards, click on Adjust Image Settings with Preview, select Use my preference emphasizing: Performance and click Apply.
f. Click on Manage 3D Settings and open the drop down menu for Global Settings. Select the High-performance NVIDIA processor as your preferred graphics processor and click Apply.
g. Open the drop down menu for Program Settings and click Add. Search for the Apex Legends ( C:/Program Files(x86) / Origin games/Apex Legends /.exe file and double click to select it. Open the drop down menu in step 2. and select the High-performance NVIDIA processor as the preferred graphics processor for this program and click Apply.
h. Click on Set PhysX configuration, open the drop down menu and select your NVIDIA card (the name is dependent on your exact card) as the PhysX processor. Click Apply and you are done. Re-start your computer and launch Apex Legends for a test. 

7. Check your windows updates.

And that is about it, one or couple or all of these steps may help you.

This was gathered with my own trouble shooting and 2 EA Tech guys.

Hope it helps.

Best of luck and have fun! 

Message 14 of 168 (13,501 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Tarhana , those are preety much things people allready did , they allmost never work, either way i assume we will see you back here after a maximum of 4hours gameplay max xD

Message 15 of 168 (13,482 Views)

★ Apprentice
Same thing here, the game crashes at any given moment. Lost while top 3 TWICE because the game just decided it was time to crash.

I hate this, it doesn't happen with any other game, so I can't understand why it happens with this one.
Message 16 of 168 (13,458 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Dude Cmon man dont make me sad now LOL I mean if it works and crashes later, thats something they need to fix so no more effort on my side you know what I mean
IT should stabilize soon in few weeks, they just launched !
Message 17 of 168 (13,381 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Since this crashing issue affects like 4 of my friends besides myself, i have a feeling a lot of people are suffering from this. The game launched one week ago tomorrow and fixing the crashing should have been the #1 priority, instead they hotfixed xbox players not being able to buy mtx. Great job. I love this game but suffering through sporadic crashing just makes me want to quit. They haven't even officially said anything about this being an issue so unless we hear something soon i'll just give up.

Message 18 of 168 (13,328 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Same thing here; I have some friends and we're playing as a squad on completely different PC configurations and we all get random crashes to desktop without errors or "the instruction at 0x00000000 referenced memory at 0x00000000. The memory could not be written."

Sometimes i can play 6-7 games in a row without issues, other times it crashes 2 out of 3 games;
I have all the updates for Windows and drivers; I've also tried older drivers, i've reinstalled the game, i removed any overlay including the Origin one, i've tried playing with and without FPS limit, fullscreen or borderless windows, i've closed every other software running other than the game and nothing changed, it crashed just the same;

It's incredibly frustrating especially when you're in the last 2 or 3 squads, in the middle of a firefight, and suddenly you find yourself staring at an error screen... or even if you're not the one crashing, it's probably going to be one of your team mates;

Message 19 of 168 (13,025 Views)

★★ Novice

Same issue here

Message 20 of 168 (12,981 Views)