Re: Apex Legends crashing and freezing and the lack of communication

by Omnipotent33

Original Post

Apex Legends crashing and freezing and the lack of communication

★★★ Novice

First off, I wanna point out that I'm not part of the EA 'hating community' if you wanna call it that, because a lot of people seem to give EA a bad reputation regarding their published games and customer service.

I barely have played EA games and haven't experienced any issues before so I can't confirm or deny if this is actually justified.

What I can say though, is that how the crash issue is being handled right now is just really dissapointing and made me lose hope that this is actually gonna be fixed.

Checking out forums and threads regarding this issue has become a part of my daily routine as I really enjoy the game and am desperately trying to get it to work properly.

I'll try and list all the common problems that I'm referring to:

- the game crashes to dekstop at a random point during gameplay, sometimes during dropoff, sometimes in a squad 1v1 at the end of the game

- the game crashes to desktop at a random point during gameplay and an error message like the one I added on here pops up

- the game freezes at a random point during gameplay for a decent amount of time (seems like it's between 5-15 seconds usually) and then either continues gameplay as normal or crashes      as well

I'll disregard the menu freezing and disconnection issues in the lobby me and a good chunk of other people are experiencing for now because they aren't nearly as frustating as

losing all your progress you made in a game and letting your squadmates down. I don't know if these are related in any way to the crashes to desktop, but it doesn't seem like it

from what I've read.

The 'fixes' that are pinned up in this Technical Issues board are simply the fixes that some know-it-all's in this and other forums claimed to have worked, but they actually didn't.

People tweak something, play for a few hours and if it didn't crash, they think their tweaking helped, which has proven to be false for I think literally every single one of the suggested fixes.

The crashing issue is so inconsistent that a few hours of gameplay aren't enough to claim that something has fixed the problem. This kind of behaviour (claiming something helped,

because someone didn't crash for a few hours) hurts the progress of getting an actual fix or getting to the root of the problem. These people are obviously trying to help, I'm not hating on that, it just doesn't help the way the think it does. I only crashed once the day before yesterday, but I crashed like 6-8 times yesterday and today. It's completely inconsistent or at least no one found a pattern to it.

The only actual responses that I've read from EA staff so far were something like 'most people can play, probably a hardware issue on your end' and 'idk, post your dxdiags' which are both not satisfying at all.

What we all wanna read so we can get some rest is 'we're seeing what problem you're experiencing and we're working on it'. You don't have to lie if this isn't the case, we just want

clear communication, that is all. For now it seems like you don't really care because your game is getting you your cash anyway and you're disregarding this part of the community because

you think our hardware is the problem and not your game. People with many different PC setups are experiencing this though, so this can not only be a hardware issue on our end.

It may be to some extent, but the game itself definitely plays a big role as well, otherwise there would be more consistency to it.

Of course I'm not a tech expert, but I've read a whole lot regarding this issue in the past few days so I think that I have a general understanding of what is going on.

Me and everyone else with this issue is really enjoying the game (as long as it doesn't crash at least) so the whole situation is especially frustrating.

We just wanna know if we can expect a fix in the near future or not. I personally played to level 23 even with crashes and just now had enough and uninstalled the game until

this issue is fixed. I even wiped my PC and set everything up again just to find out that it's still crashig randomly. As well as trying all the other suggested fixes.

A fair amount of people have posted their dxdiags so far as well, and that's just the people that actually cared enough to log in to this forum and actively try to help.

Even though it doesn't feel like it, I'm sure you actually do care because it affects a lot of people and this could lead up to bad press, which you would really want to avoid as a publisher.

Maybe asking for reports and dxdiags on the social media will help, you will get a lot more input about this issue and you show that you're working on it this way.

The game is amazing and it would be awesome if me and many others could start enjoying it without this problem, because it definitely ruins the gameplay experience.

If anything is unclear because I didn't express myself correctly or something, feel free to ask or give your input, English is not my first language.

Thank you for your time and I hope this in some way helps with the communication about this problem. 

Message 1 of 7 (771 Views)

★★★ Novice

After all, there has finally been an acknowledgement on reddit by a respawn community manager in the patch notes.

Reference: https://www.reddit.com/r/apexlegends/comments/aq8bh7/apex_legends_2132019_preseason_patch_notes_01/

Message 2 of 7 (687 Views)

★ Novice

Bug hasn't been fixed though. Just got into a game and had the exact same crash happen.

Message 3 of 7 (679 Views)

★ Pro
Well I'm sorry if everyone seems to be a "know it all".. You are right a good solution should work for a longer period of time..

I got the problem you had (same error message) and fixed it by installing/repairing my Visual C++ files.. If you are interested here is my post
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/How-to-make-Apex-Legends-WORK-if-you-re-game-is-not-start...

This doesnt mean its going to be working for you.. I just posted my experience and if it helps anyone even better
Message 4 of 7 (667 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

You are my hero. You said everything I wanted to. Not only EA, even devs in Twitter are ignoring people with this problem. The only legit answer is - Even devs cant figure out what is the source of this problem. I bet that's some kind of package corruption, which forces Windows to shutdown the game.

PS - And this noisy kids just not stopping to post their useless advices, they just want to get some reputation from it.

Message 5 of 7 (656 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks, but I already tried this and most of the other suggested fixes as well. I'm hoping that this patch does something for me, I'm reinstalling the game to test it out now.

But having the confirmation that they are acknowledging this issue really helps with the frustration already.

I think we can expect a fix in the coming weeks, maybe even a hotfix as soon as they found a solution.

Message 6 of 7 (637 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Excellent post, but it looks like we are just gonna have to listen for Respawn posts on reddit. Seems the EA folks on here checked out. No posts from them in several hours.

Message 7 of 7 (613 Views)