Re: Apex Legends crashes when World’s Edge map cycles in-PS4

by EA_Kent

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Apex Legends crashes when World’s Edge map cycles in-PS4

★★ Novice

I play Apex Legends on PS4. A lot of times my game has been freezing in the main menu for the past couple of weeks. When this happens my game looks like it wont load in properly, such that, the main menu background is messed up, the Legend character will not load in the menu, the menu audio is messed up, when I try to switch game modes it triggers the game to freeze, when I do certain things in the menu it also triggers the game to freeze, I cant find a game if I ready up.  I recently figured out that only when World's Edge cycles in as the map for Trios and Duos, the game freezes in the main menu and I am unable to play or do anything. I am able to play the game when Kings Canyon cycles in, but crashes when World's Edge cycles in. As soon as Kings Canyon cycles in, my game works as normal. When the game freezes, I get the PS4 blue screen with the code CE-34878-0. Please get this fixed asap bc I assume that ranked is gonna switch to World's Edge at the halfway point of the season and I am afraid that my game will keep freezing and I wont be able to play the game. 

Message 1 of 8 (1,571 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Novice

Thanks for the input! I am able to play on both maps after I reinstalled. I guess it must've been something related to corrupted data. I dont know why it didnt help the first two times I tried reinstalling in the past couple weeks but third times the charm i guess. And I do have the game installed on an external hard drive. I was planning on moving it to the internal drive. Thanks again!

View in thread

Message 7 of 8 (1,397 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Apprentice

Hi ! 

Try restarting your console & check for updates on Apex. 

Also try restarting your modem/router too

I hope this helps & reply me if it's fixed ! 

Thanks ! 

Message 2 of 8 (1,553 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi!

Yeah, I tried all those things already before, sadly it didn't help. Apex Legends and my PS4 is all up to date. I also tried deleting and reinstalling the game a couple of times over the past couple weeks and still doesn't help. Im not sure what else I can do.

Message 3 of 8 (1,521 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @zzakahi.

What you're describing almost sounds like corrupted data, but if that were the case then reinstalling the game should have helped. When you have the chance could you try rebuilding the database on your PS4 to see if that helps at all? I'm wondering if there might be something there that needs to be repaired. 

To rebuild the database start up your PS4 in safe mode, then choose the Rebuild Database option from the menu. Let me know if that helps once you've had the chance to give it a shot. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 4 of 8 (1,472 Views)

★★ Novice

Hey

Thanks for responding. I have tried the rebuilding database in PS4 Safe Mode a couple times throughout the past couple weeks but still keeps crashing on World's Edge. But I will try to reinstall Apex Legends once again to see if anything changes. I will let you know what happens.

Message 5 of 8 (1,450 Views)

Community Manager

@zzakahi 

I appreciate that!

Do you have the game installed on an external storage drive, or is it on the internal drive that was included in your PS4? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 6 of 8 (1,420 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks for the input! I am able to play on both maps after I reinstalled. I guess it must've been something related to corrupted data. I dont know why it didnt help the first two times I tried reinstalling in the past couple weeks but third times the charm i guess. And I do have the game installed on an external hard drive. I was planning on moving it to the internal drive. Thanks again!

Message 7 of 8 (1,398 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager

@zzakahi 

Thanks for letting me know!

I'm glad to hear it's no longer crashing for you. Thumbs up

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 8 of 8 (1,372 Views)