Apex Legends crashes immediately on launch after patch

by Rippthrough

Original Post

Apex Legends crashes immediately on launch after patch

★★ Apprentice

Anyone got a workaround for this? Previously I had the bad 'Crash to Desktop with no message' bug - but since the new patch I can't even get the game to launch, I get the splash screen and then...nothing - I've tried reinstalling EAC, DirectX and the VC redistributables that come with the game, and the game itself - no dice.

Message 1 of 5 (1,967 Views)

Re: Apex Legends crashes immediately on launch after patch

★★★★★ Novice

I have the same Issue. I have been playing fine for the last few days. Today I was kicking *. Then took a break & went back. 

Now I get past Anti Cheat, the title screen starts.."Respawn" title screen. Starts to load the next screen & BAM. Crash to desktop with no error.

I have tried the following

1. Repair

2. Reinstall Apex

3. Reinstall Origin

4. Checked all Drivers
5. Rolled back Driver

6. Turned off Origin Overlay

7. Used Window Mode

8. Ran Anticheat on its own before hand to repair

The fact I am having to do all of this, after playing for days fine is scary in itself. It is clearly an Apex issue, as so many of us are having it. Yet EA people say "Are your spec good enough?"

i5 7700k

Nvidia 1080

16 gig of Ram

Windows 10

YES my freaking PC can run this game fine ffs

Message 2 of 5 (1,938 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I have the same problem, i wondered what happen if i try to play with a brand new account and the game it work, so i think it's an issue related to the anticheat system.

We get banned for no reason.  Frown

Message 3 of 5 (1,915 Views)

★ Pro
What exactly have you dont with the Vc redistributables.. Can you post a screenshot of those you have installed now?
Message 4 of 5 (1,911 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Any fix here? Have the same Problems, other Accounts work fine and no, i never used Cheats or sth else.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Apex-Legends-crashes-with-no-errors-on-startup-a-new-impo...

Message 5 of 5 (1,321 Views)