Apex Legends crashes after intro despite working yesterday

by Entrr_Username

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Apex Legends crashes after intro despite working yesterday

★★★ Novice

I launched Apex Legends only for it to crash from an "engine error" in regards to "failed to create pixel shader...". I relaunched it again only to get the same error (and something about v++ not installing correctly) and crash again (this also crashed my browsers too). Tried launching again and again and it just either CTDs or tells me the game has "stopped responding" and essentially forces me to close the game since waiting just brings up the window again. I've reinstalled the game, repaired the files, among other stuff and the game STILL crashes after the intro. I even did one that suggested deleting the Apex folder in the Saved Games folder and after doing that, the game not only STILL crashed, but it crashed to the point I need to use task manager to close it (I have two monitors and it also literally prevented me from opening anything on the monitor Apex was running on, which included the freaking task manager). I had to restore the folder in order to get back to crashing properly.

Like I said in the title, the game was working just fine the previous day this happened so I don't know why my game now refuses to even load properly and how suggestions other help topics have claimed to work, don't work.

Message 1 of 2 (381 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Apex Legends crashes after intro despite working yesterday

★★★ Novice

Ok so I updated my drivers and now it's working fine. Don't know what changed that required me to do this but I'm glad it's working properly again.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (363 Views)

All Replies

Re: Apex Legends crashes after intro despite working yesterday

★★★ Novice

Ok so I updated my drivers and now it's working fine. Don't know what changed that required me to do this but I'm glad it's working properly again.

Message 2 of 2 (364 Views)