by angeltyrael

Original Post

Re: Apex Legends crash

★★★ Newbie

same set up, same crashes.

Message 611 of 714 (1,845 Views)

[ Edited ]

Turns out I need to quit the Discord software. Instead I need to use the web based app in my browser. Now I have my FPS uncapped again with +fps_max unlimited in the launch options of Apex. And settings on high again.

So I'm unable to use the normal Discord app from my harddrive when playing Apex Legends with high FPS, and need to use the web based one from my browser instead. But if I cap my FPS to 80, with +fps_max 80, I can use the Discord app from my harddrive as usual.

But it's not the in-game overlay, already switched that off. Even with in-game overlay switched off it will crash. Need to use web based app in browser.

For now I'm using the web app in my browser so that I can play with high (uncapped) FPS.

Hope there will be a fix soon.

My system:
Intel Core i5-9600K - OC all 6 cores to 4.8Ghz
Asus ROG STRIX GTX1080 8G
Samsung 970 Evo 500GB M.2 SSD
G.Skill Aegis F4 3000 16GB - OC to 3200

Message 612 of 714 (1,797 Views)

Re: Tons of Engine Errors, whats going on?

★★★ Newbie

I did install version 417.71 but it still come up with same crash 0x887A006 DXGi_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG. any suggestion to resolve it by another way?

Message 613 of 714 (1,639 Views)

Re: Tons of Engine Errors, whats going on?

★★ Guide

@nokhuk04 wrote:

I did install version 417.71 but it still come up with same crash 0x887A006 DXGi_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG. any suggestion to resolve it by another way?

This Works only with RTX graphic cards, Maxwell and pascal should not crash with any driver.

Try lowering GPU Clock

Message 614 of 714 (1,584 Views)

Re: Engine error creaturetexture 2D everytime when i try to set the settings! HE

★★ Novice

best bet is to roll back your GPU driver and try again. i have different error codes pop up every time i try to play with my driver up to date and i  have a GeForce RTX 2080

Message 615 of 714 (1,489 Views)

Re: Engine error creaturetexture 2D everytime when i try to set the settings! HE

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

The driver 417.71 fixed the issue for me during weeks but today got "the bug with design time issue" hope it's a joke !!!

Message 616 of 714 (1,475 Views)

[ Edited ]
Unfortunately got crashed out of a game again to my desktop yesterday February 26, got a notification right after that Apex Legends needed to update. I do the update of 35mb and crashed next game again. This happened while I was using the Discord web app from my browser, with +fps_max unlimited. Which was working fine for 1 day.

I'm back at +fps_max 80 and using the Discord software app from my harddrive again, instead of the web app from the browser.

My system:
Intel Core i5-9600K - OC all 6 cores to 4.8Ghz
Asus ROG STRIX GTX1080 8G
Samsung 970 Evo 500GB M.2 SSD
G.Skill Aegis F4 3000 16GB - OC to 3200
Message 617 of 714 (1,400 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

i made to many changes to know witch one actualy helped , but i have like 10hours with no crash so far , Everything with * is probably why it crashes more

ingame settings 720p Everything is on low for me ram is 2gb and the render optimization is set to 100fps (i dont think this matters tho)

Origin launcher Run This Program as administrator

*Radeon settings Enable GPU Scaling on , i think nvidia has this as well no idea if it works , i THINK i cannot confirm due to randomness that this reduces crashes a bit

*r5apex.exe , Disable FullScreen Optimizatios,Run As Administrator, Change High Dpi Settings-Override high dpi scale Set To Application

*Origin Game Properties: -novid +exec autoexec.cfg -fullscreen +cl_showfps 4 -freq 144 -high

*Another thing that i found mentioned was EasyAntiCheat aparently can go crazy at mid/lategame during a game and might be the cause for crashing , so after you launch the game go Task Manager-Details-EasyAntiCheat and Set priority to Low , didnt confirm this one but hey

in the Apex/cfg/autoexec.cfg (this has to be manualy added,not sure if this really matters but at least i think the fps cap works )

mat_motion_blur_falling_intensity 0
mat_motion_blur_falling_max 0
mat_motion_blur_falling_min 0
mat_motion_blur_forward_enabled 0

mat_motion_blur_percent_of_screen_max 0

mat_motion_blur_rotation_intensity 0
mat_motion_blur_strength 0
fps_max 120

if you want 10-40 more fps you can also go in C:\Users\<username>\Saved Games\Respawn\Apex\local , and videoconfig.txt , edit

"setting.r_lod_switch_scale" "0.6" , i dont recomend going to low but i use 0.2 essentialy it greatly reduces the distance before objects get higher poly counts altho it looks a bit weird seeing rocks constantly morph when you get closer , under 0.2 you get weird stuff so i dont recomend it

"setting.csm_enabled" "1" , if you change this to 0 you compleatly remove shadows , as this game allways has them on by default and you can only add them on low ingame

Note if you change anything in this text u need to make it Read-only or the game will change it every time you close it , also NEVER change any settings in video ingame or it will reset these settings and you need to restart , essentialy if u make any option changes it will rever to 0.6 and 1 , so after you finalize any setting never change them ingame

Message 618 of 714 (1,385 Views)

★★★★ Novice

i dont know if it is the update  from 26th februari or because i also stopped using the app Discord

but i dont have the crashes anymore i think now for 2 days

Message 619 of 714 (2,558 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Holy * should we really reset windows and reset our BIOs just because of this game? good god. This is one reason i HATE pc gaming. Doesn't matter what kind of computer you have there's ALWAYS something in the way of having fun. always. We shouldn't have to do all this * just to "maybe fix the issue temporary". *. I've tried AMD and Nvidia nothing works over >75% of the time. I know nothings perfect but GODDAMN this * is stressful sometimes. I buy a 2000 dollar computer just for these issues? * offfffff 

Meanwhile, im doing a clean install of the newest drivers.. I have a G-sync monitor with a Asus Strix 2070 overclocked a wee bit for them extra frames. I've had sooo many issues with the laptop so far. I had a MSI TITan 8rf with a 1070 and 8th gen cpu and that was even worse than this thankfully but goddamn. PS4 sounds better every day. 

Message 620 of 714 (2,361 Views)