Original Post

Re: 0x887A0006 - DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG

★★ Apprentice

Could you please explain the error I've listed

Message 271 of 714 (1,699 Views)

Re: 0x887A0006 - DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Having these issues with RTX 2080. Rolling back drivers didn't work. Hard to troubleshoot because the frequency is random. Sometimes no crashes for hours. Sometimes every other game. For example I turned off G-sync the other night and it worked for 3-4 hours, but it eventually crashed again. The next day with G-sync still off, it crashed every 30 mins or so. Then after turning G-sync back on, it worked for 2 hours.

Message 272 of 714 (1,654 Views)

Re: Apex Legends crash

★★★★ Novice
Cancel that -- I just crashed.
Message 273 of 714 (1,647 Views)

★ Novice

rolling back to 416.34 and ban Full screen optimization win10. then run at full screen mode.

it will be fun, i found this becasue ive tried 418 and 417 , still crush. but my firend with 2070 didnt crush , so i ask the dirver , 416.34 maybe a way to solve this problem.

Message 274 of 714 (1,575 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I can now confirm that moving the game to hdd, switching to borderless window mode and installing latest optional radeon drivers (19.2.1) fixed it for me, played through entire day without a single crash (yesterday was getting engine errors every second game), hope it helps someone

I also run at minimum settings, cuz my pc is a potato, but then again, yesterday it was crashing at the same settings, so mentioned actions helped. 

Message 275 of 714 (1,566 Views)

★★★★ Novice

2080Ti (v418.81), 5820k, 16GB RAM, GSync Display

Same error as others, with random crashes that seemed to come later in each game but not every game.  CPU and GPU is OC'd, but not very much.  I've tried all sorts of settings in-game (including full/windows-full) with no improvement.

The odd/annoying part is that out of the 10 other people I know that were playing last night, none of them experienced this issue.  Not sure what all of their specs are though.

Message 276 of 714 (1,544 Views)

★★ Novice

Mine is not overclocked at all and it’s still crashing almost every game. I am running it at max settings though

Message 277 of 714 (1,530 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@Fireley wrote:

I can now confirm that moving the game to hdd, switching to borderless window mode and installing latest optional radeon drivers (19.2.1) fixed it for me, played through entire day without a single crash (yesterday was getting engine errors every second game), hope it helps someone

Hmm, maybe I can overnight an HDD from The Smithsonian before the weekend to test this out :P /s

I'll give this a shot, but it would be odd since most data should already be in memory once the game has loaded, taking the storage device out of the equation.  With how many different supposed fixes are working for people, I'd just like to hear from the devs at this point.

Message 278 of 714 (1,521 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I tried it on a SSD and HDD, no difference.

Message 279 of 714 (1,514 Views)

★ Novice

Same issue getting DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG and DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED.

Using an RTX 2080 with a i7-9700k. Hope this issue gets fixed soon because it's very annoying to crash late game every time.

Message 280 of 714 (1,512 Views)