0x887A0006 - DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG

★ Apprentice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number GTX 1080
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16GB system, 8GB video
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? KyleID381
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Lifeline
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Beginning tutorial area
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Crouching and sprinting in the tutorial area
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I don't know
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? none
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 4.2.2019 3:35
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? Game crashes to this error: Engine Error - 0x887A0006 - DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG The application's device failed due to badly formed commands sent by the application. This is an design-time issue that should be investigated and fixed.
What should be happening instead? No crash to error
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Crouching and sprinting in the tutorial area

Game crashes to this error: Engine Error - 0x887A0006 - DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG The application's device failed due to badly formed commands sent by the application. This is an design-time issue that should be investigated and fixed.

Message 1 of 714 (139,988 Views)

Re: 0x887A0006 - DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Thanks for letting us know. I moved your post from the bug reports board over to technical issues. 

Took a quick glance at your DxDiag (thanks for including that) and noticed there was a new driver put out recently for your 1080 card. Please update to the latest driver and restart your PC before playing again. 

Nvidia Drivers: https://www.nvidia.com/Download/driverResults.aspx/142225/en-us

GeForce Experience: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/geforce-experience/

PC Troubleshooting: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/pc-graphics-troubleshooting/#updatedrivers

Just a heads up though! The Apex Legends team just tweeted this out for PC players just in case you run into that next:

"Legends - we are aware of issue folks on PC are experiencing with the infinite load spinner on the main menu. We're on it and we'll keep you updated."

Apex Legends Twitter

Blueberry.png
Message 3 of 714 (139,950 Views)

[PC] 0x887A0006 DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG & Instant Crash to Desktop

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Hey There,

Been enjoying the game so far alot but as per a few other posts I am getting random crashes which cause the game to completely freeze to a black screen, I am able to open task manager and see that I get the below error and it is always the same.

sdasdsa.png

I have included my DxDiag report as an attachment as well.

I thought this maybe card or driver related so I tried updating the Nvidia drivers but no luck and I just done a complete format of my PC and still no luck sadly.

Message 4 of 714 (139,758 Views)

Re: [PC] Error Code 0x887A0006 DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG Problem.

★★★ Apprentice

Also on top of this I get crashes to Desktop, no errors no freezing just straight to my desktop in the middle of a game Frown Very frustrating!

Message 5 of 714 (139,722 Views)

The instruction at 0x referenced memory at 0x. The memory could not be read.

★★★ Novice

When I try loading the game I get the error "The instruction at 0xe2019414 referenced memory at 0x412843a0. The memory could not be read."

Message 6 of 714 (137,851 Views)

★ Apprentice
I'm having the same issue, drivers have been updated and issue still occurs.

PC - RTX 2080 - 16GB ram
Message 7 of 714 (139,884 Views)

★★★ Novice

Chiming in with the same error.

Product: Apex Legends
PlatformPC
Please specify your platform model: PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number: RTX 2080 
Enter RAM memory size in GB: 32GB system, 8GB video
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? raithian25
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible. N/A
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Lifeline
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?N/A
Where did the issue occur? In training
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Moments after picking up the Dummy's banner as part of the tutorial
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Crouching and sprinting in the tutorial area
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? N/A
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? None, first time playing
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 4.2.2019 20:12 EST
How often does the bug occur? 50%, was able to complete training the second try
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? Game crashes to this error: Engine Error - 0x887A0006 - DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG The application's device failed due to badly formed commands sent by the application. This is an design-time issue that should be investigated and fixed.
What should be happening instead? No crash to error
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Crouching and sprinting in the tutorial area

Game crashes to this error: Engine Error - 0x887A0006 - DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG The application's device failed due to badly formed commands sent by the application. This is an design-time issue that should be investigated and fixed.

Message 8 of 714 (139,864 Views)

Community Manager

@raithian25 

It looks like there is a new driver for your RTX 2080 card.

https://www.nvidia.com/Download/driverResults.aspx/142225/en-us

Blueberry.png
Message 9 of 714 (139,846 Views)

★★★ Novice
I updated to the latest driver prior to the error but haven't restarted my PC yet. I'll return if I experience the error again after my PC has been restarted.
Message 10 of 714 (139,838 Views)