Re: Apex Legends couldn't initialize sound

by TheOptomisticDog

Original Post

Community Manager

Hey @Reactixn

If it's only happening when you're running that particular program it might be an issue with compatibility. Unfortunately our options for troubleshooting potential issues with third-party software are pretty limited. 

It might be best to reach out to the creator of that software to see if they have any insight on what could be causing the issue. They may have some suggestions on how to fix it as well. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 11 of 74 (12,221 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Posible fix for this

First of all you need a software called EarTrumpet (Is in the Microsoft store)
EarTrumpet is a powerful volume control app for Windows (Allows you to change the output for a specific software easely)

1. Start your voice meeter banana

2. Configure the hardware output in voice meeter banana (Click the A1 button and select your hardware audio output)

3. Set the Voice Meeter Input (VAIO) as the default playback device

3. Launch apex legends

4. When the error shows dont close it
5. In the tray bar you have the EarTrumpet control icon (is the same icon as the Windows audio), click the icon

6. At the top of thepanel you have a dropdown menu with the default output click it to show all the active outputs

7. Find the apex legends icon and right click it, then click the button with the arrows and select Voice Meeter Input (VAIO) as output
8. Close the error popup and launch apex legends again

I'm not associated with any of this software
Im just a user, so use with caution

Edit: The error is because VoiceMeeter open the hardware audio output as "exclusive" mode

So when apex legends try to use that output it can't because is locked

Message 12 of 74 (11,995 Views)

★★★ Newbie

tried this didnt work 

Message 13 of 74 (11,933 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I need help i was playing apex normally but after the update today i cant

Message 14 of 74 (11,930 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@JONATHAN0S
i fixed the issue,i just bought myself few packs of hook-on-ear earphones and they fixed all itself by just plug and play-without doing nothing.earphones with plastic hook to fit your ear are sold widely worldwide with free shipping for 5usd and plus minus
Message 15 of 74 (11,574 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@EA_Kent Could you take a look at my DxDiag. Im having the same problem with coulnt initializing sound

Message 16 of 74 (11,385 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @7w1ligh7

What are you currently running your PC audio through? Are you using speakers, or do you have any other audio devices connected to your PC? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 17 of 74 (11,360 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi, so is there an actual fix for this problem? Just now I updated the game and this problem came with the update, can't find a solution to it. Thnx

Message 18 of 74 (11,169 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Wynteriscoming1 this did it for me.
Message 19 of 74 (10,171 Views)

★★★ Newbie

TO ANYONE USING VOICEMEETER POTATO

I had to go to the advanced sound settings on my computer, and change the default audio for Apex to the Voicemeeter VAIO.

Message 20 of 74 (9,766 Views)