Re: Apex Legends - black screen crash - PC restarts.

by N44BJE058

Original Post

Apex Legends - black screen crash - PC restarts.

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Hello,

I've been playing Apex a lot on playstation but recently stepped over from playstation to pc.

Since i play on PC all i have is really apex legends crashes.

Could be either a Apex legends crash where i get a "engine error"

Or my whole system crashes.First the game is frozen, then 2 black monitors and then my PC restarts.

I have tried so many things and i cant get the fix. I'm getting sick of it to be honest because all the time you think is: When will it crash again?

It could be good for a day, but the next 5 minutes i could get 2 crashs.

I hope you guys can help me and solve the issue permanently.

Btw, i have no problems with playing other games, only in Apex Legends.

Under here is my Dxdiag.

Message 1 of 20 (5,821 Views)

★ Apprentice

Bumpy bumpy... How can i have no reply yet?

Message 2 of 20 (5,758 Views)

★ Apprentice

Bumpy bumpy... How can i have no reply yet?
Message 3 of 20 (5,742 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

Hello @N44BJE058,

sry for the late response. Your issue sounds for me like a typical RAM problem. Please make sure, D.O.C.P. is enabled in your bios. If it's disabled, please enable it. This will load the optimal RAM speed, timing and voltage.

Please make sure you installed the latest windows updates. Disable windwos game mode, enable gpu hardware acelleration. Delete your grafic driver with the DDU tool in safe mode, reinstall the newst driver with disabled internet connection (1.download driver and DDU 2.disable intenet 3.use DDU and resinstall 4.activate internet again) I hope this will help you.

Greetings Cat

Message 4 of 20 (5,627 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Sick1Click The funny thing is, that i've done already all things. And nothing did change sadly.
Message 5 of 20 (5,567 Views)

★ Apprentice
@N44BJE058 Bump
Message 6 of 20 (5,484 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@N44BJE058 

If you say your whole pc crashes.. there must be a problem with your pc. Unstable ram for example. The next thing you'll answere is, it's fine with other games. This train of thought is wrong, because not every game and every program puts the same load on ram/cpu/gpu.

You're using a 5700 xt - what i had befor, too - and i know that this graficcard can cause a lot of problems. Sent mine back, had blackscreens and crashes as well. Probably here is the issue. It's hard on this point to help you.. do you have a friend whose graphics card you could borrow to test? the best would of course be a graphics card from nvidia, not from amd again.

What u also can do, is to test your whole system for stability with programs like prime 95, kombustor/furmark, memtest etc. pp.

Message 7 of 20 (5,356 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Sick1Click I got the right ram installed for my ryzen 7, no problems with the graphics card in ANY game expect for Apex... This can't be coincidence
Message 8 of 20 (5,202 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Sick1Click Also where is EA when you need them? The same * service as in FIFA. All they care about is money and service in no way.
Message 9 of 20 (5,201 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I have the same issue, ever since season 6 was released, I have experienced crashes in apex that demands hard reset of the PC. 

I still hear the game sound but the video freezes and cant tab out, CTRL, ALT, DEL or log out from windows. The computer is totally stuck. 

- windows up-to-date 

- Apex (re)installed

- GPU cleaned and reinstalled

- repiared 

No problem with other games such as COD or CS:GO. 

I have a friend that has the same problem with only Apex. 

Solution EA? Over 1k hours in the game and never had this problem before S6. 

SPECS:

CPU:  Intel i5 - 9400F CPU 2.90 (Not overclocked)

GPU: AMND Radeon RX 5700 XT Red devil (not overclocked)

RAM: 16gb 2133 MHz

Message 10 of 20 (5,179 Views)