Re: Apex Legends audio problems

by arcanedomain

Original Post

★★ Novice

It Is in fact hardware related. I'll be making a post about this to spread the word for what fixed this exact problem for me on BOTH pc and ps4... 

On both my pc and ps4 I had a SSD attached for better performance  I've always installed my games on SSD. I spent a ton of money for High Speed M.2 and it seems that Apex Legends cannot handle it.

All I did to fix the issue (after trying everything else  updating drivers, trying every diff sound setting possible, new headset etc) was uninstall on SSD and reinstall on HDD and boom, perfect audio.

Hope this helps for you guys too 

Message 11 of 27 (18,438 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

@OrionTheIrishTTV wrote:

It Is in fact hardware related. I'll be making a post about this to spread the word for what fixed this exact problem for me on BOTH pc and ps4... 

On both my pc and ps4 I had a SSD attached for better performance  I've always installed my games on SSD. I spent a ton of money for High Speed M.2 and it seems that Apex Legends cannot handle it.

All I did to fix the issue (after trying everything else  updating drivers, trying every diff sound setting possible, new headset etc) was uninstall on SSD and reinstall on HDD and boom, perfect audio.

Hope this helps for you guys too 

Just wanted to thank you, orion.

I had issues with the game where it would either freeze completely for 10+ seconds or the sound would freeze and start playing again after 10+ seconds (it would play the sounds it had previously skipped).

After moving the game from my SSD to my HDD it worked flawlessly (no freezes, no sound issues).

Message 12 of 27 (7,841 Views)

★★ Novice
that is just dumb!
Message 13 of 27 (7,420 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I have my game installed on HDD but problem still remains

Maybe it was fixed because of reinstalling the game?

Message 14 of 27 (7,272 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
This finally fixed it for me.. Thank you so much man. Moving the game from my M.2 to my HDD did the trick
Message 15 of 27 (6,858 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am not running M.2 or an SSD and I have this same issue so your fix wont work for me. Any other ideas? This isn't a constant problem seems to mainly occur during peak hours but its inconsistent even then.

Message 16 of 27 (6,625 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I’m having same issue on console.. have deleted and reinstalled made sure licenses were fine have tried two separate headsets and through monitor speakers and it still delayed and * making the game unplayable. Audio is fine on all other games. Wasn’t having any issue with this game at all until this new season 1 update. Someone please help because this game is UNPLAYABLE for me right now.

Message 17 of 27 (6,381 Views)

★★ Novice

In case anyone is still having the issue with their headphones, THIS finally fixed it for me!!!!

https://www.reddit.com/r/apexlegends/comments/b6cmev/psa_if_youre_on_pc_and_use_a_headset_make_sure/

Quick edit to the settings text file in notepad and now everything works fine.

Message 18 of 27 (6,194 Views)

★★ Novice

Jup Logitech G933 same issues, it's like Apex does not like the surround sound.

Message 19 of 27 (5,887 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

This can be related to playing with laggy team mates, crappy own connection or hot dropping. Only experienced it on PS4 and if the game is laggy then foostep audio can be out of sync for me, if there is no lag then sound is played at the correct time. Try modifying you pagefile to a higher amount, doing the obvious shutting down background apps. Use a program such as Advanced System Care. You can use this program or other similar programs to firstly enhance your systems overall health, manage ram, activate gaming mode, optimise DNS and internet speeds and more such tweaks which could help if indeed your connection or hardware are to blame for the audio issues.

Message 20 of 27 (5,736 Views)