Re: Apex Legends audio problems

by AcTTTTT

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Apex Legends audio problems

★★ Novice

I'm having trouble with audio. When in game footsteps and gunshots do not play but when they do play, they are like 10 seconds late. Ill be able to hear music and lobby sounds perfectly, just in game my sounds are screwy. I have tried using my monitor's speakers as well and the same problem persisted. I tried reinstalling the game and also repairing but it did not do anything.

My gear:

Ryzen 5 1600
GTX 1080

8gb of RAM

Ethernet cable for wifi

Razer Kraken Headset

Message 1 of 27 (17,665 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Novice

It Is in fact hardware related. I'll be making a post about this to spread the word for what fixed this exact problem for me on BOTH pc and ps4... 

On both my pc and ps4 I had a SSD attached for better performance  I've always installed my games on SSD. I spent a ton of money for High Speed M.2 and it seems that Apex Legends cannot handle it.

All I did to fix the issue (after trying everything else  updating drivers, trying every diff sound setting possible, new headset etc) was uninstall on SSD and reinstall on HDD and boom, perfect audio.

Hope this helps for you guys too 

View in thread

Message 11 of 27 (18,383 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

I wonder if it has something to do with the texture streaming budget, mine is set to very high but i dont meet the amount of ram it suggests (8gb) and i have a 1080ti

Message 2 of 27 (17,567 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Same problem here
Message 3 of 27 (17,482 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i'm using the same headset and i have the exact same issue, try using another one and see if it fixes the issue

Message 4 of 27 (16,521 Views)

★★ Novice
Same issue with the Kraken headset. It actually works just fine through my AUX speakers, but once I set Razer to the default device the game goes silent. None of my IT mojo or any fixes I found online (basically the same things) worked.
Message 5 of 27 (16,479 Views)

★ Novice

im using rampage usb headset and i have same issue 

Message 6 of 27 (16,365 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

it all started after last update to me,respawn and EA please fix ur game dudes

Message 7 of 27 (15,983 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Same thing here, using a Logitech G933
Message 8 of 27 (15,898 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I have a £20 Sennheiser headset and the same happens to me. It's definitely not a hardware thing I think lol
Message 9 of 27 (15,497 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Got the same problem but also using a diffrend headset then a lot of people replying to you, it's not hardware related.

Message 10 of 27 (15,315 Views)