Apex Legends audio no video

by slamb247

Original Post

Apex Legends audio no video

★★★ Newbie

Installed Apex Legend and the music comes on after launch but no video. I got it to work the first time i launched it and changed only the V sync to disabled and full screen to border-less windowed. Ever since then it wont load the picture. I have uninstalled the client and game cleaned my computer restarted and cleaned the registry. I've tried different user accounts but the same thing happens.

Message 1 of 6 (1,994 Views)

Re: Apex Legends audio no video

EA DICE Team

Hey @slamb247 , thanks for the info! 

Did you try to reinstall your GPU drivers? 

Can you upload a dxdiag so we can see what drivers and hardware you have. Standard smile 

Thanks!

/Atic 

Message 2 of 6 (1,799 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I've had this problem too. Trying to make any changes to the graphics settings caused the game to black screen. I have had to ALT+F4 out but re-launching only provided audio with a black screen again.

The Windows shortcut of ALT+TAB to another application also does not work and I have had to reset my PC using the hardware reset button on the case O_o
I've tried repairing through the Origin client. I've also uninstalled and re-installed the game.
GPU drivers are all new and accounted for.

Nothing seems to fix this.

I've attached my DxDiag.

Thanks for looking.

Message 3 of 6 (1,772 Views)

EA DICE Team
Hey, @NitrambackwardsTry to do a clean boot to see if there any programs messing with Apex and turn off any overlay programs for example Discord or Nvidia experience.

Try running a CCleaner to remove old temp files and cache.

Let me know if this works or not for you. Standard smile

/Atic
Message 4 of 6 (1,475 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem

Message 5 of 6 (1,460 Views)

★ Novice

restarting the computer fixed this problem for me but, i have to restart my computer every time i want to play this game

Message 6 of 6 (681 Views)