Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Apex Legends audio no video

by slamb247

Original Post

Apex Legends audio no video

★★★★ Newbie

Installed Apex Legend and the music comes on after launch but no video. I got it to work the first time i launched it and changed only the V sync to disabled and full screen to border-less windowed. Ever since then it wont load the picture. I have uninstalled the client and game cleaned my computer restarted and cleaned the registry. I've tried different user accounts but the same thing happens.

Message 1 of 6 (1,449 Views)

Re: Apex Legends audio no video

Community Manager

Hey @slamb247 , thanks for the info! 

Did you try to reinstall your GPU drivers? 

Can you upload a dxdiag so we can see what drivers and hardware you have. Standard smile 

Thanks!

/Atic 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* Tag me with @EA_Atic if you are responding to me. Thumbs up

* If you like the comments of other players please give them XP. :eahigh_file: 

* If someone has helped and solved your issue please accept it as a solution. Standard smile

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 2 of 6 (1,259 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I've had this problem too. Trying to make any changes to the graphics settings caused the game to black screen. I have had to ALT+F4 out but re-launching only provided audio with a black screen again.

The Windows shortcut of ALT+TAB to another application also does not work and I have had to reset my PC using the hardware reset button on the case O_o
I've tried repairing through the Origin client. I've also uninstalled and re-installed the game.
GPU drivers are all new and accounted for.

Nothing seems to fix this.

I've attached my DxDiag.

Thanks for looking.

Message 3 of 6 (1,232 Views)

Community Manager
Hey, @NitrambackwardsTry to do a clean boot to see if there any programs messing with Apex and turn off any overlay programs for example Discord or Nvidia experience.

Try running a CCleaner to remove old temp files and cache.

Let me know if this works or not for you. Standard smile

/Atic

* Tag me with @EA_Atic if you are responding to me. Thumbs up

* If you like the comments of other players please give them XP. :eahigh_file: 

* If someone has helped and solved your issue please accept it as a solution. Standard smile

Message 4 of 6 (935 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem

Message 5 of 6 (920 Views)

★★★★ Novice

restarting the computer fixed this problem for me but, i have to restart my computer every time i want to play this game

Message 6 of 6 (141 Views)

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help