Re: Apex Legends - Wraith character

by Corupted129

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Apex Legends - Wraith character

★★★ Newbie

I have downloaded the new apex legends game. I was concerned and puzzled why one of the playable characters hears voices? I'm not sure how this receives a teen rating.. Could this be a trend that electronic arts will stand behind in the coming years? Placing characters with schizoafective disorders in game and then marketing to teenagers?

Message 1 of 3 (549 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Novice

Well, they do aim to be inclusive. You're telling me you wouldn't want to play as a character with mental disorders? Quiet Man tried to have you play a deaf street fighter dude so why not Apex Legends with their schizophrenic character? Would make for some interesting mechanics when done right if you ask me.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (534 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice

Well, they do aim to be inclusive. You're telling me you wouldn't want to play as a character with mental disorders? Quiet Man tried to have you play a deaf street fighter dude so why not Apex Legends with their schizophrenic character? Would make for some interesting mechanics when done right if you ask me.

Message 2 of 3 (535 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Virender from EA chatted with me for a few minutes. I was not allowed to talk to the higher ups over there, but was instead referred to these forums. If a game receives a teen rating and continues on through launch it should be taken into account the wide ranging implications of adult situations. EA is out for a field day with a lawsuit around the corner. 

Message 3 of 3 (528 Views)