Apex Legends Unable to connect to EA servers

by growndan

Original Post

Re: Apex Legends Unable to connect to EA servers

Community Manager

@growndan On some of those hops you're losing up to 50% of the data sent, are you playing on WiFi?

EACade
Message 11 of 299 (52,051 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same here and with my buddy (Sweden). Had this problem last night where we got kicked off the servers after loss. Figured it was issues due to overloaded servers so we switched game for an hour, got back and it worked again. Played this morning for 3-4 hours without a problem and now its down again. Have no issues with my connection, I really don't see how this is a problem on so many users side. 

Message 12 of 299 (52,040 Views)

Community Manager

@xenitaj About an hour ago there was a brief (few minutes) outage, are you able to connect again now?

EACade
Message 13 of 299 (51,986 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EA-Cade i cannot play either, it say's unable to connect, can i get some help please :D?
Message 14 of 299 (51,964 Views)

Community Manager

@Joneko420 Are you able to get in eventually or does it never matchmake at all?

EACade
Message 15 of 299 (51,955 Views)

★★★ Novice
Like, i try to start the game and after the first loading screen it says something like origin needs to update and unable to connect
Message 16 of 299 (51,948 Views)

Community Manager

@Joneko420 Sorry to hear it, can you try these steps please and let me know if they help? http://bit.ly/Origin_Cache_Clear

EACade
Message 17 of 299 (51,944 Views)

★★★ Novice
Ok, i'll give it a try
Message 18 of 299 (51,937 Views)

★★★ Newbie

In addition to the inevitable disconnect after each match with the message "Connection to server timed out: See ea.com/unable-to-connect for additional information" and having to spam Retry for 15 or more minutes with the error "Unable to connect to EA Servers. Please check your Internet connection and try again. See ea.com/unable-to-connect for additional information", sometimes I cant even get to the Legend Selection Screen before I receive the same message I get when the match ends.

I tried all the tips from the unable-to-connect article, made a new account, re-installed the game, rebooted the router and nothing worked so far. Used the Ultima Online Trace Utility and below are the results.

Message 19 of 299 (51,924 Views)

★★★ Novice
Thank you so much ea_cade i love you man u are a hero <33333333333333333
Message 20 of 299 (51,881 Views)