Re: Apex Legends Unable to connect to EA servers - PC

by EA_Blueberry

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Apex Legends Unable to connect to EA servers - PC

★★★ Novice

Hi. I having problem playing apex or getting in the game. I have been playing a lot and never had problems. but from one day to another i can't get in anymore. I just get Apex Legends Unable to connect to EA servers all the time

Steps tried:

Checking my packet loss and it is at 0 % and all other games run without any problem

Reboot router - just to be sure

Origin Cache cleared

Game re-installed

Checked server - connected to Amsterdam with a ping of 19. also tried Frankfurt 20 ping

Please help me Frown

Message 1 of 13 (8,990 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Novice

Oh, I just dug through some of the other posts related to this issue.

It seems like there's a solution to this, and that is to change your DNS servers.

Here's a YouTube video on how to do that:

It worked for me, I'm sure it will work for you guys, too.

Also, I recommend using 1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1, as they are Cloudflare's DNS servers, and NOT 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 which are Google's.

View in thread

Message 7 of 13 (8,921 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice

As i can see it is a lot of Danes that have Stofa.dk as the provider having this problem. Frown Frown

Message 2 of 13 (8,974 Views)

★★★★ Guide

There is a lot of people worldwide having these issue. EA needs to invest some of the billions they have made over the decades into new servers if they want a future with happy gamers.

Message 3 of 13 (8,970 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Yeah, I have this problem as well. I'm Dane and I too have Stofa as provider. Hope it will get fixed as soon as possible

Message 4 of 13 (8,953 Views)

★★★ Novice

Funny thing is, I am also a Dane with Stofa as my Internet Service Provider, and I can't access the Respawn servers, neither Apex Legends NOR Titanfall 2.

I have tried everything, and nothing short of going the nuclear option and using a VPN works.

It is borderline comical that Respawn has blacklisted a HUGE number of IP addresses from a single ISP in a single country, essentially screwing over people who have NO idea what is going on and NO power to change it. I am fortunate enough to have a VPN, but other people like my kid brother who still lives at home, doesn't, so he is completely out of luck.

Message 5 of 13 (8,939 Views)

Community Manager

We've seen reports of players on Stofa having trouble connecting and urge getting in touch with that ISP to notify them of the inability of accessing our servers. Port listings for Apex Legends can be found below if they need them. Perhaps they made some internal infrastructure changes or updates recently. If they provided you with a router please log into it to see if a firmware update is pending.

We're sorry to hear about those affected by this and we've made sure the team is aware.

Port Forwarding

https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/opening-tcp-or-udp-ports-for-connection-issues/

Blueberry.png
Message 6 of 13 (8,925 Views)

★★★ Novice

Oh, I just dug through some of the other posts related to this issue.

It seems like there's a solution to this, and that is to change your DNS servers.

Here's a YouTube video on how to do that:

It worked for me, I'm sure it will work for you guys, too.

Also, I recommend using 1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1, as they are Cloudflare's DNS servers, and NOT 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 which are Google's.

Message 7 of 13 (8,922 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi. I just wanted to let you know that this worked for me perfectly! Thank you so much for your help! I am not the biggest expert to these kinds of things, so just to be clear, will this affect anything on my internet in the future and what did it exactly do? Again, thank you so much.

Message 8 of 13 (8,914 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Now you are running on cloundflare's dns (1.1.1.1) this is a unfiltered DNS meaning that nothing is blocked.

Before you had Stofa's DNS and they will block stuff like piratebay and for some reason also apex/EA servers.

You can also use googles DNS 8.8.8.8

Stofa will change this soon and you can go back to their DNS

Here are some other DNS, if you have kids that uses your computer and need adult content blocked Standard smile

Quad9 9.9.9.9: Private and security aware. Blocks access to malicious domains.

OpenDNS 208.67.222.222: Blocks malicious domains and offers the option to block adult content.

Norton DNS 199.85.126.20: Blocks malicious domains and is integrated with their Antivirus.

CleanBrowsing 185.228.168.168: Private and security aware. Blocks access to adult content.

Yandex DNS 77.88.8.7: Blocks malicious domains.

Comodo DNS 8.26.56.26: Blocks malicious domains.

Message 9 of 13 (8,838 Views)

Community Manager

@genexs 

Were you able to get back into the game after changing the DNS? This way we can mark it as a solution so others can find it helpful.

Blueberry.png
Message 10 of 13 (8,808 Views)